UTG+3 checks
Hero bets $7.00
UTG+2 calls
UTG+3 folds

Turn: ($30.80)
3d 8h 4c 3h

UTG+2 shoves all in for $31.10
Hero Calls

Should I be making this call on the turn? I was thinking villian could have a lot of combo draws and overcard+heart draws that he floated flop with(like AhJh, AhQh, etc). Does villian ever take this line with a hand like TT or JJ?

In case any of you want to see the results of the hand, I have the hand replay saved here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB5hL1nayxA?t=640
TIME: 10:40

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you should be calling that turn donk shove pretty much every time.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When villain shoves the turn I dont see a lot of 3x hands if any that they are raising 6x UTG +2. I also dont see villain donk jamming basically a pot sized bet here with a set since there is no need to do so since they can easily get it in with two streets and know that they can bet the turn and price you in on the river to call. Therefore I think this bet is skewed towards hands like JJ-99 and with your KK you should be almost snap calling but definitely calling. If they are a villain that you played against and know something of then maybe you would know if they would flat AA here pre to your 3 bet but knowing nothing I doubt that is the case so I would feel pretty good about KK here. Will you run into a set at times here? yes but I dont think it is often enough to consider folding.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
The first thing to notice about this hand is, that we are 200+ BB deep, and that V1 made a very unconventional 6BB open raise. Usually this means one of two things:

1) He is a huge fish splashing his money around
2) He is using staggered bet sizing, and his range is very strong

Since you were playing a cash game, you really should have a read, which one it was. Regardless I would still 3-bet KK, especially with the field caller in between. But if its scenario 2), this could be one of those rare spots, where I might actually consider folding KK to a 4-bet from the original raiser.

Flop
The SPR is less than 3, and you are a massive favourite to have the best hand on this low ragged board, so the only thing, I would ever be concerned about here, is getting max value. Keeping your C-bet a bit under half pot seems fine.

Turn
This is just a snap call, and its not even a decision. I am literally beating him into the pot. If he took a silly line with AA or made some crazy call preflop with A3 and got there, more power to him. But this look bluffy or like a protection bet, so I am thinking, he picked up a heart draw, or he decided to just go with his 99-QQ, given that the turn card was pretty much perfect for any overpair. From neither players perspective nobody should ever have a 3 here, so its like the largest brick in the world.

Results
Watched your video and obviously this was a huge fish. You got max value from him. Well done.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was an easy call I would not have thought, because simply the opponent's bets on the preflop and river eliminate the possibility that the opponent has AA, 88 or 44 well played by you very badly the opponent

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think this only becomes a tough spot if a blank heart hits or maybe if the board pairs 8s on the turn. Many times the turn x/r will signify one pair hands are no longer good but I agree with others that folding Kings up here is just too tight.

J

Jaywizzlez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Point 1) you made is definitely true, I should have mentioned that as part of my original post. The 6bb PFR is pretty typical in this game(It's quite soft and a lot of the players treat it like a "live 1/2 game" where they open bigger, and also many people are call happy so pots end up being multi-way, thus incentivizing people to raise larger preflop as well)

I dislike deviating from a standard 3bb PFR since I play Microstakes myself, but I tend to use a 4.5x open as I found that was the sweet spot where I can at least generate some folds and limit the pot to 3-4 way with this sizing.

Really appreciate the postflop analysis, your ranging examples on the turn was especially helpful, thanks!

And thank you all for the great advice. Versus this villian I will definitely note his spewiness and look to make lighter/snap calls vs him.

Preflop
The first thing to notice about this hand is, that we are 200+ BB deep, and that V1 made a very unconventional 6BB open raise. Usually this means one of two things:

1) He is a huge fish splashing his money around
2) He is using staggered bet sizing, and his range is very strong

Since you were playing a cash game, you really should have a read, which one it was. Regardless I would still 3-bet KK, especially with the field caller in between. But if its scenario 2), this could be one of those rare spots, where I might actually consider folding KK to a 4-bet from the original raiser.

Flop
The SPR is less than 3, and you are a massive favourite to have the best hand on this low ragged board, so the only thing, I would ever be concerned about here, is getting max value. Keeping your C-bet a bit under half pot seems fine.

Turn
This is just a snap call, and its not even a decision. I am literally beating him into the pot. If he took a silly line with AA or made some crazy call preflop with A3 and got there, more power to him. But this look bluffy or like a protection bet, so I am thinking, he picked up a heart draw, or he decided to just go with his 99-QQ, given that the turn card was pretty much perfect for any overpair. From neither players perspective nobody should ever have a 3 here, so its like the largest brick in the world.

Results
Watched your video and obviously this was a huge fish. You got max value from him. Well done.