MP (Hero): $21.89 (137 bb)
MP+1: $12.80 (80 bb)
LP: $22.22 (139 bb)
CO: $10.47 (65 bb)
BU: $16.00 (100 bb)
SB: $13.50 (84 bb)
BB: $20.59 (129 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.40) Hero is MP with K♣ A♣
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.88, MP+1 calls $0.72, 3 players fold, SB 3-bets to $13.50 (all-in), 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $13.34, Hero 4-bets to $21.89 (all-in), 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $8.39
Flop: ($58.32) 9♠ 8♦ J♠ (3 players, 2 all-in)
Turn: ($58.32) 6♦ (3 players, 2 all-in)
River: ($58.32) 4♣ (3 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: $58.32 (Rake: $1.50)
Showdown:
MP (Hero) shows K♣ A♣ (high card, Ace)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 43%, Flop: 4%, Turn: <1%, River: 0%)
SB shows Q♠ Q♥ (a pair of Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 45%, Flop: 39%, Turn: 29%, River: 0%)
UTG+1 shows J♣ 9♥ (two pair, Jacks and Nines)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 13%, Flop: 57%, Turn: 71%, River: 100%)
UTG+1 wins $56.82

SB: VPIP 27 / PFR 14 / 3-bet 7 over 117 hands
UTG+1: VPIP 51 / PFR 9 / 3-bet 0 over 116 hands

I am not hiding the results of this hand, because for me this is a pretty trivial get in it and feel very good about it spot. When the limper call a jam, I fully expect to see a hand like this most of the time, and unless someone has exactly aces, which I block, I am in fine shape here 3-ways. I am sharing the hand, because there are a few points, which I like to make:

1) Dont be afraid to get in there and gamble it up with fish
2) Dont berate bad players in the chat, when they get lucky
3) Use all-in cash-out on PokerStars, if bad beats bother you

As for point number 2), SB called UTG+1 "idiot" in the chat after the hand. And please dont do something like that. All those new people, who are playing now, are a gift to poker. So let us make them feel welcome, so that hopefully some of them stay, even when virus related lock-downs are lifted.

What is even more puzzling is, that both SB and myself had used all-in cash-out in this hand. For my part I was about to end the session, and I was just not in the mood to flip a coin for around 2 buyins to see, if I would get lucky.

And when you have used cash-out, why on earth does it even bother you, that a bad player got lucky? He was gambling it up with PokerStars, and they lost 45$ to him in this hand. Which we should all be thrilled about, because hopefully he then enjoyed playing and will come back another time to donate his money :)

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're right. do not waste your energy on reproaches of such players. it is better to spend it on improving your game.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Responsible Gambling and respect

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.08/$0.16 - 9 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php
UTG: $22.60 (141 bb)
UTG+1: $26.74 (167 bb)
MP (Hero): $21.89 (137 bb)
MP+1: $12.80 (80 bb)
LP: $22.22 (139 bb)
CO: $10.47 (65 bb)
BU: $16.00 (100 bb)
SB: $13.50 (84 bb)
BB: $20.59 (129 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.40) Hero is MP with K♣ A♣
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.88, MP+1 calls $0.72, 3 players fold, SB 3-bets to $13.50 (all-in), 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $13.34, Hero 4-bets to $21.89 (all-in), 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $8.39
Flop: ($58.32) 9♠ 8♦ J♠ (3 players, 2 all-in)
Turn: ($58.32) 6♦ (3 players, 2 all-in)
River: ($58.32) 4♣ (3 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: $58.32 (Rake: $1.50)
Showdown:
MP (Hero) shows K♣ A♣ (high card, Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 43%, Flop: 4%, Turn: <1%, River: 0%)
SB shows Q♠ Q♥ (a pair of Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 45%, Flop: 39%, Turn: 29%, River: 0%)
UTG+1 shows J♣ 9♥ (two pair, Jacks and Nines)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 13%, Flop: 57%, Turn: 71%, River: 100%)
UTG+1 wins $56.82

SB: VPIP 27 / PFR 14 / 3-bet 7 over 117 hands
UTG+1: VPIP 51 / PFR 9 / 3-bet 0 over 116 hands

I am not hiding the results of this hand, because for me this is a pretty trivial get in it and feel very good about it spot. When the limper call a jam, I fully expect to see a hand like this most of the time, and unless someone has exactly aces, which I block, I am in fine shape here 3-ways. I am sharing the hand, because there are a few points, which I like to make:

1) Dont be afraid to get in there and gamble it up with fish
2) Dont berate bad players in the chat, when they get lucky
3) Use all-in cash-out on PokerStars, if bad beats bother you

As for point number 2), SB called UTG+1 "idiot" in the chat after the hand. And please dont do something like that. All those new people, who are playing now, are a gift to poker. So let us make them feel welcome, so that hopefully some of them stay, even when virus related lock-downs are lifted.

What is even more puzzling is, that both SB and myself had used all-in cash-out in this hand. For my part I was about to end the session, and I was just not in the mood to flip a coin for around 2 buyins to see, if I would get lucky.

And when you have used cash-out, why on earth does it even bother you, that a bad player got lucky? He was gambling it up with PokerStars, and they lost 45$ to him in this hand. Which we should all be thrilled about, because hopefully he then enjoyed playing and will come back another time to donate his money :)

Hello there fundiver199, thank you very much for sharing your hand and for your ideas, you are right, we should not be scared of fishes and we should always, simply always respect our opponent in spite of what we think of them (our prejudices/ego).
We are not at the poker table to make friends or enemies, we are at the poker table TO EARN, TO PROFIT and that is our sole mission.
We think, act and behave as a corporation when we are sitting at the poke table, no emotions involved. As more neutral we act more profit we make.
We also believe that we don't need to be "Phil Ivey" or "Assassinato" to be profitable at poker, we just need to play a solid game strategy with full emotional control.
So, we don't intend to display our abilities for other players, we don't need to show or prove anything, to anyone, and as quiet as possible, better: by speaking we give information to our opponent that we are not really focused on the game or that we are bored and cannot control ourselves, than we start talking.
If you have something to say at a poker table, be kind, and only say "GG", "GL" or "NH", if you cannot control yourself .:D
Players who use the table to be offending other players are my customers: I take all of their bankroll and let them speaking to themselves, because PokerStars is not a chatting place, and my objective is to be as much psychopath as I can be, at the tables, cold, calculating every step, looking through any sign of possibility, reading, being rational, logical and not emotional.
We are part of the school that was formed with the ideal of Responsible Gambling, so we are not screwing around when it comes to to profits! :evil:

In this hand I think I would be a little more conservative. I really don't like jamming AKo or AKs, or any other hand at the cash games. (personal, not telling you/anyone not to do it).
I believe that when I am playing AK, AQ, AJ I have edge postflop against most of players, so when I am going all-in, I simply lose the edge.
There are situations where I hate because I cannot fold AK preflop, but many scenarios are very easy to me. Cash Games are not like MTTs and SNGs where we are almost always flipping and going all-in.
To me as less as I go all-in and more flops I take, better for my winrate.
Of course that here the odds are amazing, we are invesiting 100 blinds to win ~300 blinds with a hand that realizes its equity very good versus anything that is not AA, we are in a real good shape: 30% equity versus anything?
On the other side of things, if we consider, for example, that we are going all-in with AA versus two other players, we have only 33% equity to invest 100 blinds and once in a while take 300 blinds.
With AA we are going to lose this spot 70% of times or more and win 30% of times or less, so the question that lies here is, the 30% of times we are taking ~300 blinds pot, compensates the other 70% of times where we lose 100 blinds?
With AA we know it is profitable no matter what, but with AK I have my doubts and try to run away from preflop all-ins where my poor edge postflop is reduced to nothing.
Players at the micros have simply no idea, they don't even wonder what they are doing postflop. Of course they play right sometimes, by chance of course, but most of times they are simply overplaying their value range and putting pressure versus passive actions.
With all due respect there are a couple of regulars playing at the micros now, like you fundiver199 and a couple of few players: the rest are simply recreational who find that cash games are a fun way of passing their times.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG+1 is a lobotomised window licker...other than that...good hand and move on.

I've heard about the all in cash out option, but I don't think other sites have it.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you played badly. For other times look at the players with 80 bb. They could use tighter strategies from preflop and polarize their opening range to seek profitable isolations. If you turn your AKs into a bluff, it's better against a more open range. The villain SB has a PFR and 3-bet range semi-closed, his hand sample is very low but his raise is very strong. In micro stakes you should have A-A or K-K here to catch his semi bluffs, otherwise you better find other places for the push.
Greetings.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you played badly. For other times look at the players with 80 bb. They could use tighter strategies from preflop and polarize their opening range to seek profitable isolations. If you turn your AKs into a bluff, it's better against a more open range. The villain SB has a PFR and 3-bet range semi-closed, his hand sample is very low but his raise is very strong. In micro stakes you should have A-A or K-K here to catch his semi bluffs, otherwise you better find other places for the push.

Greetings.

Just against SB I would also lean towards folding AKs. If he is only jamming another AK or a big pocket pair, we dont have enough equity. However when UTG+1 call, that changes things a lot, especially because there was also going to be a side pot against him.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just against SB I would also lean towards folding AKs. If he is only jamming another AK or a big pocket pair, we dont have enough equity. However when UTG+1 call, that changes things a lot, especially because there was also going to be a side pot against him.

But the main aggression comes from sb and utg1 you know it will not folding here. Then you have a confrontation between 2 totally opposite ranges that together limit you. You have the side pot advantage, but you don't block the low structure of the wide range. When facing an open villain choose a 2-way pot to protect your hand of the variance.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But the main aggression comes from sb and utg1 you know it will not folding here. Then you have a confrontation between 2 totally opposite ranges that together limit you. You have the side pot advantage, but you don't block the low structure of the wide range. When facing an open villain choose a 2-way pot to protect your hand of the variance.

I am obviously not trying to make UTG+1 fold, after he committed 2/3 of the effective stack against me. I am forcing him to put the rest in, because I am sure, I am way ahead of his range. As was in fact the case. As for variance I used all-in cash-out and took home a net profit of just over 6$.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am obviously not trying to make UTG+1 fold, after he committed 2/3 of the effective stack against me. I am forcing him to put the rest in, because I am sure, I am way ahead of his range. As was in fact the case. As for variance I used all-in cash-out and took home a net profit of just over 6$.

But the cash out limits your earnings and in the long term the cost of accessing said function compensates with the times you are unlucky and are paid for your equity.
This option is also widely used in sports betting. It is a method designed to generate more rake.
You could use this function in roulette where the probability of winning by number is 2.7% but the rooms are not naive, they know that they would not make a profit in this game with the greatest amount of chance.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the alternative is to fold to "protect my hand from the variance", then it is certainly a lot less costly to pay the 1% fee to PokerStars. But sure if you dont care about variance then get it in, let it run and suck it up, when J9 end up scooping the pot with two pair.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the alternative is to fold to "protect my hand from the variance", then it is certainly a lot less costly to pay the 1% fee to PokerStars. But sure if you dont care about variance then get it in, let it run and suck it up, when J9 end up scooping the pot with two pair.

I don't think you played badly, but since I don't use that option I prefer to avoid those places. I see no reason why you shouldn't use that feature if you feel you can make a profit with it. I personally would find it more attractive in other games with higher variance.