€20 NLHE 6-max: How much would you 3 bet and future plan?

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
€20 NLHE 6-max: How much would you 3 bet and future plan?

This is obviously a dream scenario but could end in a nightmare.

iPoker - €0.20 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 295.4 BB (VPIP: 56.74, PFR: 33.10, 3Bet Preflop: 17.24, hands: 289)
CO: 121.7 BB (VPIP: 42.11, PFR: 5.26, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 39)
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 23.79, PFR: 19.10, 3Bet Preflop: 5.38, Hands: 1,453)
Hero (SB): 376.1 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: A:spade:

CO calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 3.5 BB, BB calls 2.5 BB, CO calls 2.5 BB

Flop: (10.5 BB, 3 players) J:diamond: T:diamond: K:club:
Hero bets 8.4 BB, BB raises to 20 BB,

Now we are up against a very aggressive fishy player. A set is unlikely as surely he is 3 betting TT/JJ IP. So that leaves us with 2 pair hands, Qx hands and of course the dream Q9. But what I am worried about is a flush draw which he could very well have here.

So now the question is how much do you 3 bet? This is an interesting greed vs value decision. He is a bad player that is for sure but I have not figured yet just how bad.

So if your 3 bet gets called how do you react if a diamond hits the turn or a pair? I personally am willing to make a committing turn bet with a pair as sets are unlikely but really scared of a turn diamond.

I also really don't want a situation where let's say he has Q9, decides to call my 3 bet and then cooler cards destroy the action on future streets. If he really has Q9 I am 99% sure he would even call an outright shove. As aggressive as he may seem he wasn't 2 betting post flop all that much.

Maybe I should just make it 150 BB? It won't matter what comes on the turn then.

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to bet enough that you can ship it in on a blank turn. Villain has 272 big blinds left, and there's 50.5 bb in the pot (assuming the CO folds). That number is about 100 big blinds.

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh I am sorry I cut off the hand too quickly. Yes the CO folded.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My standard is a x3 raise, but in this case x4 or more is warranted. That way we can shove a blank turn.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think im jamming this flop if he is as bad as you say he is cause he can easily have two pair here and just raising his flop raise looks way too strong IMHO. GII and hope he thinks your overplaying your hand and calls you down with something your ahead of(meaning everything).

B

beckyg89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there anything to be said about smooth calling? Is it possible that reraising might get the player off a two pair hand as opposed to if a blank came on turn you could lead out with a big bet, setting up a river shove?

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there anything to be said about smooth calling? Is it possible that reraising might get the player off a two pair hand as opposed to if a blank came on turn you could lead out with a big bet, setting up a river shove?

Too draw heavy of a board and I don't think villains are folding bottom two on this flop.