$2 PLO 6-max: Pre-flop action K-K-rags

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise, call or fold? UTG seemed like a fish, would likely call and give the other players maybe the odds to call. And ofcourse I'm in the SB so that's the worst position.

pokerstars Zoom, Omaha Pot Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Pokeit

UTG: $1.28 (64 bb)
MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $1.98 (99 bb)
BU: $2.21 (111 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.34 (117 bb)
BB: $3.73 (187 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with 3 2 K K
UTG raises to $0.06, 1 fold, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, SB (Hero) ?

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's not a great starting hand and you are out of position. It is a cash game, so you have the ability to pick your spots better. At micro-stakes, everyone calls with just about anything so you won't have an easy time knowing where you stand with your hand.

For these reasons, I would fold, and wait for a better spot and a better hand.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I just started studying Omaha PLO. indeed, in the cache ( but probably everywhere) many raise or call with any cards. as for the starting hands, I think the best option would be connectors, mostly of the same suit, even the smallest. fight with them will rarely expect. as for top pairs (any pairs), you can check them out, but if you don't see a third on the flop, then the strong pressure they can throw away without regret and damage.

R

rpm12345

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very close spot IMO - in my experience UTG is unlikely to have AA as he hasnt raised full pot (this is usually true but definitely not a 100% thing). However at these stakes you also get people randomly flatting AA behind annoyingly often so if you do squeeze getting re popped is a possibility.

Calling against bad players has a lot of merit as you can look to set over set someone, but against anyone with a vague awareness your hand will often be massively face up.

I would say the deciding factor is the overall looseness and strength of the 3 players already in the pot - very loose = squeeze, tighter = call, tighter and good players (unlikely at 2nl) = fold

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
KK + rags is almost trash. You have to allow for several ways to take the pot. AA + unsuited rags is also weak.