Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

Ups I Do It (UTG): $2.33 (117 bb)
k1v0k (MP): $2.00 (100 bb)
Cork_5_Blunt (CO): $2.00 (100 bb)
GPtoF1 (BU): $2.18 (109 bb)
Fervo10 (SB): $3.47 (174 bb)
aDYTKINa (BB): $3.25 (163 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Ups I Do It) is UTG with K A
Ups I Do It (UTG) raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Cork_5_Blunt (CO) 3-bets to $0.18, 3 players fold, Ups I Do It (UTG) calls $0.13

Flop: ($0.39) 2 T A (2 players)
Ups I Do It (UTG) checks, Cork_5_Blunt (CO) bets $0.13, Ups I Do It (UTG) raises to $0.45, Cork_5_Blunt (CO) raises to $1.82 (all-in), Ups I Do It (UTG) calls $1.37

Turn: ($4.03) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.03) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.03 (Rake: $0.14)

Showdown:
Cork_5_Blunt (CO) shows T T (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 57%, Flop: 97%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

Ups I Do It (UTG) shows K A (two pair, Aces and Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 43%, Flop: 3%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

Cork_5_Blunt (CO) wins $3.89

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not folding here. We only lose to pocket 10s. Cooler situation imo. Lets see what others have to say about this hand.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not folding here. We only lose to pocket 10s. Cooler situation imo. Lets see what others have to say about this hand.

I think I agree, he was very aggressive, and you where blocking KK and AA.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We could 4-bet preflop, but given that we just check-called, I do actually think, we overplayed our hand a little bit. When we check-raise the flop, it has to be, because we are intending to stack off. But even though we are only behind to a few hands, that would typically 3-bet (AA, TT, ATs, A2s), are we really doing that well against his stack-off range?

Some players would just flat or even fold AQo and AJo to an UTG open, and if he have a suited ace like A5s or A9s, is he really going to stack off top pair and a bad kicker for 100BB? Its typically something, only fish will do, and fish dont normally 3-bet these kind of hands, they just call them.

So as played preflop I prefer to just check-call all the way down, which if nothing else allow him to keep bluffs in his range. And maybe he dont quite get it in also, given that he started with a small flop bet, so we could possibly get away a bit cheaper. I do feel, that when we check-raise the flop, we are mostly just helping those few hands, that beat us, to build the pot.

As played its a womit feeling in my mouth, when he 3-bet jam. I dont blame you for calling it off, but I do think, folding would have been a better decision here. In my opinion the best case scenario is, he has another AK, or from time to time he could have a big combodraw like KcQc. So we are either flipping, splitting the pot or way behind, and given the pot odds I dont think, this is a long term profitable call.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we 4-bet pre in this spot for value.

Check-call the flop. Your raise will help him lay down AQ.

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just a cooler, if you just call his 0.13 bet on the flop maybe you could avoid getting stacked, but the turn was a blank, didn't bring the flush or connected the board. tough spot man, no easy to find a fold there, you must know very good the opponent to lay down top pair top kicker

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! A good check raise on the flop, however, it is quite dangerous and unprofitable to call with one top pair against an all-in for 100bb. I think the best solution here is to fold, because the opponent could easily get into 2 pairs or a set, since few people will push with a weaker hand. In any case, it all depends on the image of the opponent, if he is a regular player, then I tend to fold.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never call monster 3-bets on the flop with only 1 pair only if I know I'm playing vs fish. Best we can have is some coin vs draws. I don't know what to tell else)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely 4 bet preflop. Once you hit TPTK in a multi bet pot (preflop) I'm not folding. An unfortunate cooler.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call the flop. By playing like this you just make all the worse hands fold to your raise and he only continues wuth better.
You would probably get all in anyway in this hand but you keep his bluffs in.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We could 4-bet preflop, but given that we just check-called, I do actually think, we overplayed our hand a little bit. When we check-raise the flop, it has to be, because we are intending to stack off. But even though we are only behind to a few hands, that would typically 3-bet (AA, TT, ATs, A2s), are we really doing that well against his stack-off range?

Some players would just flat or even fold AQo and AJo to an UTG open, and if he have a suited ace like A5s or A9s, is he really going to stack off top pair and a bad kicker for 100BB? Its typically something, only fish will do, and fish dont normally 3-bet these kind of hands, they just call them.

So as played preflop I prefer to just check-call all the way down, which if nothing else allow him to keep bluffs in his range. And maybe he dont quite get it in also, given that he started with a small flop bet, so we could possibly get away a bit cheaper. I do feel, that when we check-raise the flop, we are mostly just helping those few hands, that beat us, to build the pot.

As played its a womit feeling in my mouth, when he 3-bet jam. I dont blame you for calling it off, but I do think, folding would have been a better decision here. In my opinion the best case scenario is, he has another AK, or from time to time he could have a big combodraw like KcQc. So we are either flipping, splitting the pot or way behind, and given the pot odds I dont think, this is a long term profitable call.

A 4-bet would work most times, but in a microstakes game I don't see them folding a pocket pair like that pre-flop. Just a bad beat.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 4-bet would work most times, but in a microstakes game I don't see them folding a pocket pair like that pre-flop.

That is true, but then we win more against all those pocket pairs, that missed their set. On a flop like this, he is not putting in a ton of money postflop with his 99, 88 etc., and there are way more combinations of those. He could also call our 4-bet with hands like AQ or AJs, and then we are sure to stack him on a flop like this.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is true, but then we win more against all those pocket pairs, that missed their set. On a flop like this, he is not putting in a ton of money postflop with his 99, 88 etc., and there are way more combinations of those. He could also call our 4-bet with hands like AQ or AJs, and then we are sure to stack him on a flop like this.

I tend to agree with 4bet preflop, hard to not get stacked off here either way though. At these stakes, I think quite a few aces will stack off behind...not just AJ/AQ. He can also have AK same as you which is a push. I also don't think a player at these stakes is 3betting A2s. His range of hands that beats you is AT and TT, I generally am ruling out AA because there's 1 combo of that...and most people check top set. For sure a cooler.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop call is OK.
I didnt like flop raise (maybe if there three clubs). Let him continue bluff/overplay on turn and river.