$2 NLHE: JJ line check OTF

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super aggressive villain. We've seen them 3betting with offsuit blockers and also betting their bottom/med pairs all 3 sreets. Villain's stats: VPiP/PR/3B/AF : 65/32/21/11

Should we check/call OTF or cbet was fine?

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 8 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG (Hero): $2.03 (102 bb)
UTG+1: $4.43 (222 bb)
MP: $8.54 (427 bb)
MP+1: $2.65 (133 bb)
CO: $2.00 (100 bb)
BU: $2.70 (135 bb)
SB: $3.55 (178 bb)
BB: $1.00 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with J J
Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, MP 3-bets to $0.10, 5 players fold, Hero 4-bets to $0.27, MP calls $0.17

Flop: ($0.57) 6 2 Q (2 players)
Hero bets $0.25, MP raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.57) K (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $0.78, UTG (Hero) folds

Total pot: $1.57 (Rake: $0.07)
MP wins $1.50

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked how you played in preflop and in each street until the turn. It was a fold, since villain was probably above you. At this point, there are few bluffs like: A-J or A-T, but I think you should pay in 3bet on the flop with your jacks, all knowing that the villain is very aggressive.
Regards.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would 4-bet a bit more... I'm not sure what the standard is against such a small 3-bet, but .30$ + seems reasonable.

This is for value. You have 65% equity against his 3-bet range. You know you are ahead because this guy isn't shoving. He probably would even shove/5bet AK and maybe AQ so when he flat calls you are good.

This is a tough spot because he is bluffing a lot too. Our hand is blocking some of his hands that connect here. If we were in position, we might want to call him down a few streets, especially if you've seen him pull big bluffs before. (like firing with 99, TT here). Even on this board we are ahead of his entire range... even if we take out the rag aces we are slightly ahead here.

Otherwise, good lay down. With two overcards, he definitely could have hit something and there will be better spots.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a window licking drooler like that, I would 4 bet to about 30 BB preflop(so about 60c) and play for stacks on most flops

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said he is aggresive with some pairs so that does not mean he is aggresive preflop also. I think I would just call that min 3bet pre in thst spot.. if he was 3betting from bb it's different.
On the flop just check-call and do that all the streets

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You lost the minimum since there's two overs and they won't fold any pair really in a micro. Good job conserving with a middle pair.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suicide Jacks = All-In. Your move...

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with previous post, when V min 3 bets it makes a standard 4 bet sizing too easy to call so V can continue with too much of his range. Our hand also needs more protection and we are OOP. Agree with previous post about sizing up the 4b. We are OOP and against this guy with this flop I like a x/c, there are no real draws to protect against. By betting flop we are putting stacks in play as you see with a min raise and a half pot turn the river was easily all in. He's never folding to any reasonable flop bet unless we bomb it. If we flop an overpair or better we can b/3b and play for stacks. After V min raises the flop it appears Hero was going into x/c mode hoping for no more over cards but then the K hit and we abandoned. I agree with the fold AP if this was the plan but we should expect to be in this spot a lot against this V. So I like x/c down from flop better for this run out against super LAG. Looks like V is printing money with min raises and then betting 1/2 pot after opponents give up. Since he's only min raising a lot his stats probably make him look more maniacal than he really is.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked how you played in preflop and in each street until the turn. It was a fold, since villain was probably above you. At this point, there are few bluffs like: A-J or A-T, but I think you should pay in 3bet on the flop with your jacks, all knowing that the villain is very aggressive.
Regards.

Agree with the 3bet in flop, because it was unlikely that your hand improve to a better hand (2 outs for that), and could easily become harder to continue if a A or K come along in the turn. Also, in flop villian did the shitty move to min raise you. So call was not an option, and fold neither, so 3bet

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop size is way too small. Against these monkeys you could easily go $0.50 and get called by a bunch of worse hands. Then it's much easier to get it in ahead even on a board like this.

As played, 3-bet jamming the flop should also be fine. I mean, he's a monkey with a super-wide range and AF 11. I supoose you could get called as light as AJ/AT here.

On the turn though, you really don't have other options than a fold. Continuing here would've been way too ambitious, so gj.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with those, who suggest 4-betting larger, and then simply getting it in on the flop. This guy is obviously messing around with you by clicking back whatever bet, you make, and the way to punish that is by reraising large, whenever he reopen the betting for you.

His range is just super wide, and if he happened to hit on the Q, good for him. He also have a ton of hands, you are still ahead off on the flop, and he can certainly make a tilted call with worse, because guys like this just hate to give up.

As played folding the turn is fine. There is still a lot of money left, because your 4-bet was so small, and another overcard is obviously not, what you were hoping to see. On any reasonably save runout, I am calling him down.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop you really need to go bigger to around 40c IMO. A x1.5 size really accomplishes nothing the way you've described villan. Charge him to call with his weak Ax Kx etc. From what you've said he would reraise with stronger holdings so think you can eliminate the top end of his range

Post flop

Now don't think you can fold to a single raise but once aggression continues on turn it's now a fold with two overs

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I prefer a check (and call if he bets) on the flop.

You can control the pot-size and you have not even top pair.

You also write that villain is: "betting their bottom/med pairs all 3 streets."

That is the only information we have about post flop tendencies that indicates that he is too aggressive with medium hands. So let him over value or bluff and call him down.

If you later notice that he also calls with his medium hands too often it is pretty close on this dry board if bet or check is best. But you can start to value bet more thinly in other hands/boards after that.

On the turn I would fold and wait for a better spot.

Pre flop JJ is a monster against this type of player so re-raise him as much as you can (and think he would call).

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I like your preflop. But if you play against maniac and are convinced that it is stronger than him on the flop, then why play other streets when you can just put all in flop? Or if you think that he could have Q, does it make sense to call his raise, in this case it is a fold.