$2 NLHE Full Ring: What hands do BTN and BB have ? Interesting outcome

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played very tight and mostly watched others in the cash game last night. I also tried to determine the approximate ranges of hands and guess the opponent's cards on the river. But one interesting hand made me smile. The full story will be updated when someone guesses the cards and shares their thoughts. Or after a while.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524Ik0ysE

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think BTN have pretty tight range TT+, AJ+. BB seems to be loose player and can have same range with addition suited aces and middle pairs.
But! It`s NL2 and they can have any cards sometimes.

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I reckon pre-flop raise by button and then checking to the river with re-raise is trapping strategy so he's got JJ.

Big Blind had a decent hand, to call the initial raise, and the reraise on the river, he thought he was also trapping with a strong hand so lets put him on AQ (so he was only scared of a K, whereas if he had a KQ, he'd be worried if an A hit).

Alot of this is based on your comments that it was interesting so I'm going for them both playing trappy with strong hands and the JJ missing a tonne of value.

Obvious right??? :D

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would guess the button is on a very strong hand which would be AQ, KQ,QQ, QJ, or JJ. I think the BB has a pocket pair that they just came along for the ride and tried to set mine. Given the BB did not lead out until the river I will be specific and say 44 but I think they also could have 22 (obviously its more than that but you want guesses so I will be specific and narrow with my guesses).

If you need it to be super specific like one hand only as a guess Ill go with the below:
Button: AQ
BB: 44

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think BTN have pretty tight range TT+, AJ+. BB seems to be loose player and can have same range with addition suited aces and middle pairs.
But! It`s NL2 and they can have any cards sometimes.
Oh, but, see, that's the whole point. BTN and BB can have good hands, very good hands, or absolutely nothing. But look at the history. Big raise preflop and then check all the streets. And suddenly there is an explosion on the river. This is very suspicious.
I'll tell you what, if you or I were sitting at this table, one of us would be broke. It doesn't matter what the bet are, 1 cent, 1 dollar, or 100 dollars.:nurse:

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bb random hand with Q
utg AA
this is 2NLHE!!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I reckon pre-flop raise by button and then checking to the river with re-raise is trapping strategy so he's got JJ.

Big Blind had a decent hand, to call the initial raise, and the reraise on the river, he thought he was also trapping with a strong hand so lets put him on AQ (so he was only scared of a K, whereas if he had a KQ, he'd be worried if an A hit).

Alot of this is based on your comments that it was interesting so I'm going for them both playing trappy with strong hands and the JJ missing a tonne of value.

Obvious right??? :D
Yes, you noticed that correctly. Players set traps for each other. Each of them considered their hand incredible. I wasn't the only one playing tight. The entire table was very tight. Opponents perceived 1 cent as 1 dollar. Your second comment was absolutely correct.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BTN: shows [Qh Qc] (four of a kind, Queens)
BB: shows [Js Jd] (a full house, Jacks full of Queens)
BTN collected $1.42 from pot

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a cooler and a half for the BB no way was he expecting quads.

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brutal cooler - although he can be pleased he was short stacked anyway (relatively). A lot of my analysis was based on your description as much the hand as played but I’ll take it, Las Vegas her I come!!!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands