$2 NLHE Full Ring: TT weird 3-way pot

K

krakenba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys

Had a really weird hand, analysed it and still not sure what's to do. It's very in-depth and would love feedback on the thinking post flop, what you would have done and why

Hand:

9 players
UTG - Hero
UTG+2 - 1st caller
MP1 - 2nd caller

Hero - :10h4: :10s4:

I raise 3x pre-flop. Have about 60 hands experience with both players, so constructed their ranges to be (not the standard correct range I know but assume it's this from reads of playstyle and hud stats):

UTG+2 - QQ-22,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,AQo-AJo,KQo
MP1 - 22+,A8s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,ATo+,KQo

This is their calling ranges perceived, for UTG+2 he liked calling strong cards and only 3-bet KK/AA. MP1 called a lot and didn't 3-bet ever

Flop - :4s4: :3s4: :5c4: (4 & 3 spades, 5 clubs)

I bet 1/3 pot, UTG+2 raises 5x, MP1 flat calls

If MP1 had folded I would have shoved, but the MP1 calling felt like a trap. Overall I went with a tight fold but personally think I was right to.

After using equilab pre-flop, equity is about 1/3 each

I think for the raise, UTG+2 has QQ-33,AsKs,AsQs,KsQs,AsJs,KsJs,QsJs,AsTs (All suited cards are spades)

For the flat after the raise, MP1 has 33+,AKs AK of any suit, any suited combo of spades I think goes all in

Equity post flop: Hero (21%), UTG+2 (37%), MP1 (42%)

Their actual hands
UTG+2 - :as4: :qs4:
MP1 - :7h4: :7c4:

Help wanted

1) Do you construct the same range post flop? What's different?
2) Do you think there's much random stuff that happens here? As in a random bluff by UTG+2, say with the Ace of spades
3) Would you have shoved if MP1 had folded?
4) Do you fold, call on raise after the reraise on the flop?

I think that calling would leave a tougher decision on the turn for most cards in the deck, but can still see it

Thanks for your comments in advance

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, lets start with building a an image of the 2 villains.

UTG sounds like a semi-tight idiot. If he only 3-bets Aces and Kings he is super expolitable pre. (I.e if you have TT and he 3-bets you can comfortably fold knowing that he only does this with premium, class I hands.)

MP1 sounds loose, cant tell abot aggro. If he is flat calling with so much just suited junk and Broadway cards (as well as never 3-betting) i would guess that he is fairly passive.

I will skip to the flop. We lead, which is okay. It needs to be bigger, though, flush and str8 draws are getting good odds, and a lot of junk like KQ still has a lot of equity and we want to fold those out. Not a slam-dunk value spot but we are ahead vs. most of both villains ranges. (Only beat by JJ+, 33,44,55, 76)

I don't think you are going to see a lot of random crap with people holding a single big spade. Especially at nl2 vs a duo of maybe-passive guys. I would say that raises here are either sets straights and overpairs, and maybe AsKs/ AsQs sometimes.

Now, for shoving: that might just be the stupidest thing you could possibly do in this spot! If we shove, what calls? Maybe AA, KK that we have 2 outs against, 33,44,55, and 76. We are screwed versus ALL of those hands, the only thing that might call us is AsXs, which we are still flipping with! (35% equity with the flush draw, 8 outs to a bigger pair assuming AJs+) We fold out weaker overpairs like 99, 88, 77, and are left with a V. range we can't touch.

I would probably fold flop as well. If we call, there are SO many crappy turn cards: We c-fold any 6,7, 2, A, K, or spade on the turn.