• Start date
T

TheCourtesyFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 27/3/1.3

Hello all, my next masterpiece is below (note the sarcasm). I'll post my questions afterwards. The stats for villain are only for 34 hands, and it was only 9 when the hand was played, so I didn't really know anything about him.

WPN, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players

SB: $1.87 (93.5 bb)
BB: $1.54 (77 bb)
UTG+2: $1.82 (91 bb)
MP1: $1.33 (66.5 bb)
MP2: $0.72 (36 bb)
Hero (MP3): $2.12 (106 bb)
CO: $0.77 (38.5 bb)
BTN: $2.40 (120 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K A
UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, CO calls $0.07, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.24) T K 9 (3 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20, MP1 folds

Turn: ($0.64) J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.45, CO calls $0.45

River: ($1.54) Q (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.05 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.05

Ok, question time. These might give the results away.

I think the c-bet on the flop was good, I was trying to overprice the draws. I could be wrong though, it seems to be happening often. :)

It's the turn c-bet I'm not so sure about. There are a lot of draws there, although I have 4 outs to the straight. But I'm still dominated by the flush draw. Also, I know the sizing is awful, leaving him with 2.5bb in his stack. Villain stack size is on my list to pay attention to, but I'm still not doing it often enough.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just get it in on the turn. I don't mind it, yes he could have the flush but with his stack size he could still have plenty of srt8 draws with a spade and single pairs like QK.

T

TheCourtesyFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, TenJack. I appreciate all your feedback on my hands!

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with TenJack here, that board is REALLY bad for you on the turn. You get value from NO hands in your opponents range, this is when you need to slow down with your line(The only hand you beat that you can get value from is a pair with a high spade in their hand). And decide whether you want to check/fold or check/call.
On the river however, it is an easy call. You made the top straight(now beating him if he had a Q, Two pair, a set, etc.) and are only behind two card flushes (Plus the bet sizing is so small because he doesn't have any money left behind).

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is a bad car, but stack sizes make it the right play. The guy has 50c left on the turn.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I don't agree with TJ here either - what straight draws can our villain have? 98 and T8 seem highly optimistic unless it is the 98 or T8 of spades... in which case we have other problems. Any Q makes a straight. All his one pair + gutters on the flop are either a straight or two pair now.

I find it highly unlikely that villain ever even has worse in his range now, and we don't have the odds to continue against that range. Check/fold and feel great about it imo.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So flop spr is 2.9. We have tptk. We’re close too of our range. The fcb is good.

By the turn if we ever fold to a bluff it’s a disaster for our win rate. At this point it’s all going in, so I’d attempt to keep villains range as wide as possible. If villain shows tendencies to put money in wider when checked to then check, if not cbet. Don’t sweat the result too much.

We’ll often get here stronger than this also. And it’d be nice to block the flush but we do block AQ.

T

TheCourtesyFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, they don't make this stuff easy, huh? :) He had an A7 of spades for the nut flush.

Thanks for the advice!

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I don't agree with TJ here either - what straight draws can our villain have? 98 and T8 seem highly optimistic unless it is the 98 or T8 of spades... in which case we have other problems. Any Q makes a straight. All his one pair + gutters on the flop are either a straight or two pair now.

I find it highly unlikely that villain ever even has worse in his range now, and we don't have the odds to continue against that range. Check/fold and feel great about it imo.

I only meant if you are going to bet .45 here you might as well put him in.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah you gotta put it in after the flop bet. X/f is terrible, from point of decision on the turn it’s the best of a bad play. Your folding too much in this spot to get here and give up long term.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played perfectly :)

Minor detail pay attention to stack sizes and put him all in next time :wink: