UTG+1: $2.01 (101 bb)
MP: $3.10 (155 bb)
MP+1: $1.21 (61 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.99 (150 bb)
BU: $3.82 (191 bb)
SB: $4.56 (228 bb)
BB: $4.13 (207 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with Q Q
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, MP 3-bets to $0.12, 1 fold, Hero 4-bets to $0.44, 1 fold, SB calls $0.43, 2 players fold, MP calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.40) J J K (3 players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30, MP folds

Turn: ($2) J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2) 7 (2 players)
SB bets $0.97, hero...?

Wasn't quite sure about villains 4-bet flat calling range in this position , now that I think of it I guess it is a strong flat with the first two aggressors still left to act. 1 player gets out of the way and the 2nd player just calls , what do you give these guys for a range? I was thinking they can do this with TT+ sometimes AKs,AQs,AJs . Flop is an interesting one and both villains check to me, I started thinking one definitely has QQ+ and the first flat caller maybe AKs,TT Idk trying my best to give ranges, JJ is pretty unlikely and I have QQ. When they both checked Should I have checked aswell? I thought if I bet small maybe they will fold their A-high hands . 1 villain calls and the other folds probrably with A high. turn is checked through and villain bets half pot OTR. Im getting 3:1 pot odds only need to be good 1 out of 4 times, but am I ever good here?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After your 4bet line in preflop, the range of sb is polarized primarily between high pockets that you don't block: AA (6 combos) KK (3 combos) and brodway combos, which correspond to a wider player (up to 12 combos of AK).
In the flop, your range blocks important bluffs such as Q-T; Q-K; A-Q (almost nonexistent at this stage) And we find the same polarization of the villains. In this flop, your bets will be protected most of the time with calls that represent high value ranges.
As for the size you chose it was a bit small, the standard could be closer to 1/3 of the boat. On the turn, your hand transforms into a bluff catcher. But now on the river, after leading sb your bet will often be valuable. And at this point I think you can protect your range of calls. Although 50% you will be oop.
Greetings.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion everything was fine maybe I would have made a little bigger bet on the flop I think the call of the pre-flop and the flop would give a range to the villain AK or Kx I fold in the river

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 4bet sizing.

I don't know if we can take seriously the min raise 3bet from the MP and the flat call on the 4bet from the SB because of his stats.
In my mind he can have any combination of face cards or a pocket pair.

Now on the flop I don't like your bet. I check back here. I don't want to increase the size of that pot.

On turn our hand is a bluff catcher. I call a bet if it is small enough or I check back again if checked to me.

On the river the same as the turn.

As played, I fold on the river bet.

I don't think that the villain is capable to bluff here, although more info it would have been useful.
Some players bluff anything just because you showed weakness at some point (for example turn).
Again more info about the villain it would be useful.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the 4bet sizing.

I don't know if we can take seriously the min raise 3bet from the MP and the flat call on the 4bet from the SB because of his stats.
In my mind he can have any combination of face cards or a pocket pair.

Now on the flop I don't like your bet. I check back here. I don't want to increase the size of that pot.

On turn our hand is a bluff catcher. I call a bet if it is small enough or I check back again if checked to me.

On the river the same as the turn.

As played, I fold on the river bet.

I don't think that the villain is capable to bluff here, although more info it would have been useful.
Some players bluff anything just because you showed weakness at some point (for example turn).
Again more info about the villain it would be useful.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Just want to add, that 4-betting QQ is kind of a bluff, so when you get two callers and hit a pretty bad board, it is ok to just give up and get out cheap. As for the river decision I dont think, his range is that wide here. He is a fish, but even fish tend to have a fold button preflop, when it gets this expensive. So I would put him on a pocket pair, mostly a good one, or a good broadway. AK, AQ, maybe AJ or KQ. Of that range the only natural bluff is AQ, which you block. So nah. He is probably not bluffing here 25% of the time.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys very informative feedback,exactly what I was looking for.I unfortunately decided to call and villain showed KK, I agree the turn should have been a check,In the hand though I thought this tiny flop bet would maybe make A-highs fold and possibly stop villains from trying to bluff the turn if they didnt have a nutted hand, I thought if I checked the flop someone's going to try and take the pot on the turn possibly with missed Ax and I would be ahead if villain in the blinds had a hand like 99,TT. but when we take into account your point that we are blocking AQ and all other Ace-hands like AK,AJ that have hit the board it makes our had look much worse. I was just in a debate with myself on the flop if I checked then a villain might feel inclined to bluff. When I did bet the flop and 1 villain folded he must have held Ax or some broadways that missed. OTR I should have folded.

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played every street well. I like flop bet as we have a massive range advantage on the board as we hold all the AK's KK's and AA's.
Turn check is good.
River is a clear fold in this spot. QQ could actually be one of the worst call down hands in this spot as we block AQ and Q10 which would be the obvious missed draws.
We also have AK's KK and AA in our ranges, also possibly JJ which went for a tricky check on turn, so we can easily call with our better hands and fold QQ pretty happily.