$2 NLHE Full Ring: Should I be shoving with a set of 7s?

I

imastudent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 14/50/1

Note is my personal review and may be incorrect

PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 110.5 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 41.5 BB
UTG: 101.5 BB
UTG+1: 154.5 BB
MP: 100 BB
MP+1: 25 BB
Hero (CO): 133 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7<font color='red'>♦</font> 7<font color='black'>♣</font>

Note: Good choise of playing 77, good raise

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 2<font color='red'>♦</font> 7<font color='black'>♠</font> T<font color='red'>♥</font>

Note: Should CBet

Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 4<font color='black'>♣</font>

Note: Good initial bet, should probably have called raise

Hero bets 3.5 BB, BTN raises to 7 BB, Hero raises to 28 BB, BTN raises to 107.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 79.5 BB

River: (222.5 BB, 2 players) Q<font color='black'>♠</font>

Hero shows 7<font color='red'>♦</font> 7<font color='black'>♣</font> (Three of a Kind, Sevens)
(Pre 19%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
BTN shows T<font color='red'>♦</font> T<font color='black'>♠</font> (Three of a Kind, Tens)
(Pre 81%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
BTN wins 214.5 BB

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C-bet flop and go broke :). It's okay to check with the intention of check-raising aggro players who stab at flop with too much of their range (air, TP, flush draws, second pair, etc). Also when you check-raise this kind of board, you kinda like look FOS. Trust me, almost nobody folds TP to a check-raise when you're the PFR. They're not folding their draws either. I've experimented with bluff check-raising as the PFR when I miss for a while, and I check showdowns.

You can never fold 77 on such a dry board 110bb deep, unless you keep barreling and get jammed on when the river completes a flush. Cooler. You were meant to go broke in this hand.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firing on every street with boards like this trying to get it all in. Definitely need to cbet the flop, no need to get trappy.

I

imastudent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
C-bet flop and go broke :). It's okay to check with the intention of check-raising aggro players who stab at flop with too much of their range (air, TP, flush draws, second pair, etc). Also when you check-raise this kind of board, you kinda like look FOS. Trust me, almost nobody folds TP to a check-raise when you're the PFR. They're not folding their draws either. I've experimented with bluff check-raising as the PFR when I miss for a while, and I check showdowns.

You can never fold 77 on such a dry board 110bb deep, unless you keep barreling and get jammed on when the river completes a flush. Cooler. You were meant to go broke in this hand.

Firing on every street with boards like this trying to get it all in. Definitely need to cbet the flop, no need to get trappy.

Thanks guys, glad I was thinking along the right lines. I'll keep in mind the check-raise 'bluff'!

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really recommend the CR bluff. It's expensive, high variance, and people have a wide calling range vs your CR bluff even though you're repping a super nutty hand. I tried it for a while and did not like it. CRing for value as the PFR is good if your opponent folds to flop c-bet too much but stabs a lot.