Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Full Tilt - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $0.98 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 1)
UTG+1: $1.34 (VPIP: 24.49, PFR: 10.20, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 49)
MP: $2.32 (VPIP: 15.69, PFR: 7.84, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, Hands: 51)
Hero (CO): $4.02
BTN: $5.01 (VPIP: 27.12, PFR: 23.73, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 59)
SB: $2.00 (VPIP: 18.33, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 60)
BB: $2.95 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 9:club: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) 8:diamond: Q:spade: 6:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.35, 2 players) J:diamond:
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.63, 2 players) K:spade:
Hero checks, BTN checks

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not c-bet the flop and take it from there?

As played, I check/raise the turn.
As played, I bet the river.

Trabendo_daze

Trabendo_daze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check-raising the turn is fine you can represent diamonds or maybe other draws. Check calling is also not bad it keeps his medium strength hands in. River is a bet for value from Qx, two pair, etc that won't bet but will call a bet.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I kind of switched off in this hand, no clue why tho. I forgot that I was the aggressor in this hand I would of normally cbet there. To be honest I didn't even notice I turned the straight :D Blind as a bat, I did notice I had a King high straight on the river, and I believe I should of bet the river tho instead of trying to c/r. I would of definitely c/r the turn if I seen the straight. Silly me got lucky tho as villain had only a pair.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd definitely cbet flop.

This is a good example that it's harder to get value from hands when you're out of position. Doesn't apply here as it's CO/BTN, but yea, as played, there's not much else you can do here. Check raising generally scares off a lot of players unless they've hit something big, as does a river bet (after check calling down) against a good player.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you said you checked out here and there's obvious other issues, then yes, you should have CR the turn, especially when you hit a gutter when someone can have a big hand / big draw / combo draw.

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes why not c- bet? this is the only right move on the flop:mad:

J

JKo2theQQ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like cbetting this flop. Cbetting here allows you to keep the initiative and keep pressure on your opponent. In this particular spot, it would also somewhat disguise your hand which is great when you hit the turn. However, as played, I think either c/c or c/r on the turn is fine. Your opponent here is somewhat aggressive so he could be betting with almost anything since he has position. Once the K hits the river, I think you should be leading out. The K is an overcard and completes some straights so it is likely a scare card and will likely cause the villain to shut down and check behind. I would imagine that a 1/2 pot bet would get some crying calls from a K, Q, or some other middle strength hands.

T

thatspoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's a nice disguised flop for 9T, you flopped a double gutter so is a great board to cbet on. As you missed out on that, definitely c/r turn and since you missed that, I think leading out on the river is best as your opponent is going to check back too often. However, if your opponent has a very high river bet%, that would be the only reason to not lead out.