$2 NLHE Full Ring: Monster Flop - How to maximize.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for a while and have ~$3.00 in my stack and am in the Big Blind. Villain #1 is in the cutoff with the biggest stack at the table and Villain #2 is on the button with ~$2. I hold :10h4::10c4:.
Villain #1 limps for 2 cents and Button raises to a dime. Do I raise or call? I decide to call and hunt for trips. Villain #1 calls also.
Flop comes :as4::ah4::10s4: with $0.31 in the pot.
I check to the raiser with the all but nuts. Villain #1 checks and Villain #2 raises to $0.17. I'd like to keep everyone in and am hoping someone has a flush draw. I call and Villain #1 calls as well.
River comes :js4: with $0.82 in the pot.
One of the few times I am happy to see a flush draw hit against me. I have $2.73 behind and realize I will not be able to get my stack in without some help. I check, Villain #1 checks and Villain #2 does not disappoint raising $0.50. Villain #2 has $1.23 behind and if I call that will be a less than pot size bet. I call planning to shove the river.

Villain #1 surprises me by re-raising to make it $1.75, effectively putting Villain #2 all in. Villain #2 runs her timer down and FOLDS! How can she fold here? Penny games are crazy. Can Villain #1 have JJ, AT or AJ? There are only 2 aces out, and I have 2 of the tens. Would she limp with either of those hands? I am at a loss. I jam and she insta-calls.
River comes a :3h4:
I got my stack in, but am not feeling that good. did I play too passively? Was I being lead to slaughter by a bigger boat?
Villain #1 shows
:ad4: Ace of diamonds, 3 of diamonds and I am left shaking my head.

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played this hand the way I would have (which maybe is a bad thing lol jk). I would not have raised pre flop either unless I thought villain #2 is a folder pre flop to a raise. Otherwise I would expect them to call a lot and we would be in a bloated pot out of position that would be easier to play since we took the lead but 1010 is normally tough to play post flop so I like the set mine as you did. We also could easily be up against a bigger pair that re raises us if we raised pre and then we would have to fold which is okay to 3 bet fold but its expensive.

On the flop this is a check call as you did and we got the desired result to keep everyone in. At this point I would be sure I am up against one Ax hand that would not fold to a raise but we would probably get one fold and one call and I would rather have both players in when we think we have the nuts as AA is possible but now very rare.

On the turn, this is a little bit of a decision but I think we can still check call here as you did. The spade does keep in the spade draw hands but it could slow the action down a bit for Ax as well so its a good/bad card. Raising here is probably not that bad but again I believe Ax could possibly fold now to a raise with the 3 spades so I think calling is better. It turns out not to matter because villain 1 raises and this is an easy get it in here. I would not have been worried as it could be Ax or it could be spades here (hopefully not KQ spades) so I am breaking my arm calling here and if they have it, they have it. Most of the time they will have a second best hand as they did here.

River was a complete suckout and its terrible but we got our money in good and thats all we can do. Villain 1 played this hand terribly in my opinion. They are raising two players that have made action in the hand and they hold a hand that beats nothing... all Axs they lose to or chop to, they are losing currently to any KQ and 1010, JJ. They just arent beating anything that would call off their bet there.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop call is fine. Check calling the flop is the play as well. On the turn, I would be check shoving a lot of times since you’re out of position. The river could be another spade or a straight card that might kill your action if the opponent had an A or smaller flush. You played it fine, just unlucky on the river.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3-bet for value for sure. Button is supposed to open wide and the open limper is also most likely playing too much. You 100% dominate both their ranges. In addition, TT doesn't play all that well multiway, as you'll have to give up a lot of the time when overcards to your pocket pair show up. Better protect your equity here IMO.

The rest of the hand is played fine. If you 3-bet the pre-flop you c-bet close to 100% of your range on this flop. That would've also made it less awkward to get all the money in. Considering the action pre-flop, check/call is probably the best line.

Determining the range of an open limper is always a bit difficult. If they literally never raise then AA AJ AT obviously also show up in the open limping range. If they play pretty reasonable normally but have a big gap between VPIP and PFR the most likely hands they open limp with are small pocket pairs and suited aces.

Since you're looking to get all the money in you effectively maximised this hand. As even shown by villains hole cards, you get value from a lot of Ax and some flush combo's, while only losing to AJ AT A3.

Last edited:
S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always a brutal beat. Obviously, you want your opponent to have an Ace there, but just not to boat up!

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not 3B TT vs a button raise over a limper what is your 3B range?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with guys who that TT is 3bet pre flop. If I good read I see that hero is on blinds. It seems that button isolates limper pre flop and not always it is good hand. So 3bet pre flop would be a little risky move, but better. I agree that pocket TT doesn't play to good against two players. Better play this hand against one opponent. As played - it is cooler situation, you can't escape from this situation. It happens sometimes when meet two strong hands. This time your opponent had lucky and the river was very helpful for him. Don't give up, maybe next time you will win. GL :)