$2 NLHE Full Ring: KQs in CO vs BB

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop I believe we have good range advantage so we can bet here but I choose to check because we have marginal-made. On the turn villain leads for pot sized bet. I believe his range is many Ax but I think his strong aces such as AJ+ would have 3-bet. I give him a ton of two pair combos like all A2,K2 and J2s. KJ is also possibility but believe some of those would 3-bet pre. I call because I am ahead of sporadic bluffs like his diamond draws and hands like KT that has a gut-shot as well as our hand seems somewhere near the top of our checking range on the flop. MDF is 50% I believe KQs would very well fall in our calling range on the turn. The river is 9s, how does this interact with his range? I don't believe it helps villain much as QT is already a straight and the only 9's I think are in his range still would be hands like A9. For bluffs the river has broken diamonds but that seems like small percentage of his range, can we give him all combos of KT turned bluff or would those have played any differently? I know it depends on player types but thought I would ask in general.

What ranges do you give villain during the streets and do you find an easy fold on the river?

tell me what you think about my range analysis and if you think I should have bet flop? was folding river easy decision for you?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 8 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $0.74 (37 bb)
UTG+1: $1.86 (93 bb)
MP: $2.34 (117 bb)
MP+1: $2.59 (130 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.90 (145 bb)
BU: $0.57 (29 bb)
SB: $1.96 (98 bb)
BB: $2.62 (131 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with K Q
4 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) K A J (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.13) 2 (2 players)
BB bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13

River: ($0.39) 9 (2 players)
BB bets $0.38, CO (Hero) folds

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your fold on the river is good.

Be wary of assuming that all 2 NL players are thinking about the game the way that you do. the majority of them will be level 1 thinkers who play pretty face up.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Flop can be played in many different ways, it depends on your strategy. You can bet small, bet big or check back, all are good here. When you bet, villain will call with weaker Kx hands, QJ, TJ hands, so there is a value to be made. However, checking is not wrong, because we want to have gutshots in our check-back range, and this hand is a good one to have, because we can easily call a big bet on the turn.

Turn is good. At nl2 or even higher stakes like nl10-25, when villain goes pot-pot, they usually have a very strong hand. So, your fold is good. However, at higher stakes you can turn this hand into a bluff. You block nuts QT, and you also block AK, AQ, KJ, so you block nuts and many two pair and strongest Ax hand. Can't think of a better bluff hand.

M

Mdf1992

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop I believe we have good range advantage so we can bet here but I choose to check because we have marginal-made. On the turn villain leads for pot sized bet. I believe his range is many Ax but I think his strong aces such as AJ+ would have 3-bet. I give him a ton of two pair combos like all A2,K2 and J2s. KJ is also possibility but believe some of those would 3-bet pre. I call because I am ahead of sporadic bluffs like his diamond draws and hands like KT that has a gut-shot as well as our hand seems somewhere near the top of our checking range on the flop. MDF is 50% I believe KQs would very well fall in our calling range on the turn. The river is 9s, how does this interact with his range? I don't believe it helps villain much as QT is already a straight and the only 9's I think are in his range still would be hands like A9. For bluffs the river has broken diamonds but that seems like small percentage of his range, can we give him all combos of KT turned bluff or would those have played any differently? I know it depends on player types but thought I would ask in general.

What ranges do you give villain during the streets and do you find an easy fold on the river?

tell me what you think about my range analysis and if you think I should have bet flop? was folding river easy decision for you?

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 8 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $0.74 (37 bb)
UTG+1: $1.86 (93 bb)
MP: $2.34 (117 bb)
MP+1: $2.59 (130 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.90 (145 bb)
BU: $0.57 (29 bb)
SB: $1.96 (98 bb)
BB: $2.62 (131 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with K Q
4 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) K A J (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.13) 2 (2 players)
BB bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13

River: ($0.39) 9 (2 players)
BB bets $0.38, CO (Hero) folds

I think your fold was good. It felt like he knew his low Ace was good after your check. But I feel you could've taken this pot if you bet on the flop and represented a higher ace than his probable low Ace.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You posted this on another forum correct?

I think considering your read, betting flop is better, and pot controlling the turn. As played, turn call is std, and river fold is fine.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
I like checking back this flop. Your hand is certainly not good enough for 3 streets, and it also dont need much protection. Either he is ahead already, or he is drawing very thin, and no turn cards are really bad for you.

Turn and river
With more normal sizing I would call down against most players, why when he bet full pot twice, its fine to give up on the river.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like either checking back flop or range betting with a 1/3 sizing. When we check back our obvious intention is to call 2 bets from our opponent on clean runouts, but when villain selects full pot as his sizing twice it's totally fine to deviate from that plan and simply fold the river. If the two bets were sized more normally though, I would be looking to call river here.