$2 NLHE Full Ring: KK with 2 aces on flop

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold? I think so but you don't realise your own mistakes. The 4h is clearly not a card to bluff the turn on.

Everest - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

MP: $0.27
MP+1: $0.26
LP: $3.28
CO: $2.00
BTN: $3.61
SB: $2.00
BB: $5.21
Hero (UTG): $2.37
UTG+1: $1.16

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, LP posts DB $0.01, LP posts DB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.08) Hero has Kd Kh

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, LP calls $0.06, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold

Flop: ($0.29, 3 players) Ad 6c As
SB checks, Hero checks, LP checks

Turn: ($0.29, 3 players) 4h
SB bets $0.22, fold, fold

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise bigger preflop, at least 12 cents (4x + 2bbs for each poster).

Do you know ANYTHING about the SB?

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise bigger preflop, at least 12 cents (4x + 2bbs for each poster).

Do you know ANYTHING about the SB?

Nope, he was new to the table. Thanks HB, I've made a note to make sure I raise the correct amount.

Bet flop or call turn.

Can you explain why as I don't like our chances here. 2 callers called my PFR. There is a substantial chance one of them has Kx and is slow playing a dangerous looking flop.

In fact, I can understand betting the flop if I was in position to try and take it right there as per the Little Green Book. I guess I'm too happy to fold in cash games and wait for a less tricky situation.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You took a bluff-inducing line and then folded to the bluff.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you explain why as I don't like our chances here. 2 callers called my PFR. There is a substantial chance one of them has Kx and is slow playing a dangerous looking flop.

In fact, I can understand betting the flop if I was in position to try and take it right there as per the Little Green Book. I guess I'm too happy to fold in cash games and wait for a less tricky situation.

Ax hits our range harder than theres unless they're bad players and like calling with small aces. Also I'm happier when there are two aces on board as less combos beat us.

H

Humps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You took a bluff-inducing line and then folded to the bluff.

So a better play is to make a bet and fold If they raise or if they call and fire big on the turn?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like checking the flop but once you do you should call the turn. I play it like a standard WA/WB but actually there is less chance that you're WB since there are 2 Aces on the flop instead of 1.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes raise bigger preflop.Check the flop.Call the turn.I fold on the river if he fires another barrel because most villains expect people to slow play.So if he fires the river most likely he has the A an doesn't care whats in your hand.If he checks river you can value bet the river.