aebstract (UTG+1): $2.03 (102 bb)
gavbedi (MP): $2.00 (100 bb)
sportsguy16 (MP+1): $2.64 (132 bb)
BlueZchips (CO): $2.60 (130 bb)
boutron (BU): $2.25 (113 bb)
pBenzo87 (SB): $2.00 (100 bb)
smashtatazz (BB): $5.53 (277 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (sportsguy16) is MP+1 with K♠ 6♠
3 players fold, sportsguy16 (MP+1) raises to $0.06, BlueZchips (CO) calls $0.06, boutron (BU) calls $0.06, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.21) K♣ 6♦ J♦ (3 players)
sportsguy16 (MP+1) bets $0.10, BlueZchips (CO) calls $0.10, boutron (BU) folds

Turn: ($0.41) 9♥ (2 players)
sportsguy16 (MP+1) bets $0.20, BlueZchips (CO) raises to $2.44 (all-in), sportsguy16 (MP+1) calls $2.24

River: ($5.29) 9♣ (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5.29 (Rake: $0.26)

Showdown:
BlueZchips (CO) shows T♦ Q♦ (a straight, Nine to King)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 45%, Flop: 48%, Turn: 91%, River: 100%)

sportsguy16 (MP+1) shows K♠ 6♠ (two pair, Kings and Nines)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 55%, Flop: 52%, Turn: 9%, River: 0%)

BlueZchips (CO) wins $5.03

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You need to bet larger to protect your holding on the flop and to extract value. K6s is not a good hand and the outcome was not a safe flop for 2pair. Bet 0.14 on the flop. Fold to the jam on the turn.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
K6s from HJ is a little bit to loose, unless both CO and BTN are nits. Its not a big mistake to open the hand, but as a default this is just a fold.

Flop
Ok so you binked top and bottom pair against, what is likely two fishy opponents with a very wide range, since its 2NL. Half pot is missing value here, you need to go bigger.

Turn
A good rule to live by in the micros is this: "A raise on the turn is usually the nuts, a raise on the river is always the nuts". It refer to a situation like this, where you raised preflop and continued barreling postflop, and after just calling you, the Villain suddenly change his aggression level and raise.

Just think about it for a second. You raised preflop, barreled the flop, barreled the turn, and in case of the river raise barreled the river. You are representing a very good hand like at least top pair good kicker. So when someone choose to raise into that, they are saying, they can beat top pair good kicker. And in the micros they are usually not lying, because they dont expect, you are able to fold something that good.

Also look at his sizing! He is risking 4 times the pot, so you really dont need to defend here very often at all. Its different, if he made it like 60c. Then I probably hate life and pay him off to see, what happen on the river. And on this particular runout, the river card would have given you an easy decision, because it counterfeited your two pair.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold K6 suited preflop.. but as played you need to be carefull with such marginal hands.. that guy showed so much interest in the pot and you went with weak 2 pairs.. also bet bigger on the flop and turn then probably fold to that turn shove

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As already stated K6 is a fold pre. As for post flop a bigger size is needed as your going to get some calls from Kx and Jx. In this particular instance he's going nowhere with an open ender. I've found more often than not at these stakes when the raise that big they've got it. Fold the turn is the play it's annoying but don't compound your preflop mistake by calling off lots of hands now beat you

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
K6s from HJ is a little bit to loose, unless both CO and BTN are nits. Its not a big mistake to open the hand, but as a default this is just a fold.

Flop
Ok so you binked top and bottom pair against, what is likely two fishy opponents with a very wide range, since its 2NL. Half pot is missing value here, you need to go bigger.

Turn
A good rule to live by in the micros is this: "A raise on the turn is usually the nuts, a raise on the river is always the nuts". It refer to a situation like this, where you raised preflop and continued barreling postflop, and after just calling you, the Villain suddenly change his aggression level and raise.

Just think about it for a second. You raised preflop, barreled the flop, barreled the turn, and in case of the river raise barreled the river. You are representing a very good hand like at least top pair good kicker. So when someone choose to raise into that, they are saying, they can beat top pair good kicker. And in the micros they are usually not lying, because they dont expect, you are able to fold something that good.

Also look at his sizing! He is risking 4 times the pot, so you really dont need to defend here very often at all. Its different, if he made it like 60c. Then I probably hate life and pay him off to see, what happen on the river. And on this particular runout, the river card would have given you an easy decision, because it counterfeited your two pair.

thanks for the advice!

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop - loose, you are not looking for CO or BTN to call here. The fact that they both do is bad news bears.

Flop- Bet big. it's into 2 players, so you don't have to slowplay anything. I'd bet out pot. These guys are flatting you pre with pocket pairs, suited connectors and JT+ broadways which connect heavily with this board. You are still ahead so get value now.

Turn: Betting out is ok here, checking might be fine if you think he'll bet a reasonable amount of the time. 9 is a fairly bad card, maybe not as bad as a Q, but still bad.

This guys raise... do you think he is bluffing? I don't think he is- it's a weird bluff to have. K9 of diamonds does this, all QTs for sure... its hard to find other hands that he's representing. Maybe 66s that were hoping for more action on the flop.

What hands do you beat here? Very few that take that line. Gotta give it up, man

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. He had huge monster on the flop. No way to win this hand! If you knew his stats you could dodge the all-in. I think to get/pay ~0.75$ on that board was good for you.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol. He had huge monster on the flop. No way to win this hand! If you knew his stats you could dodge the all-in. I think to get/pay ~0.75$ on that board was good for you.

I dont see, why we need stats to fold here? Even if he is overplaying a hand like K9, we dont even beat that. If we had a hand like JJ, we would have a real decision to make, and probably we would end up reluctantly calling. But K6 should just have been an instant fold. You cant get married to the absolute strength of your hand. You need to look at, what other hands are possible, and what your opponent is representing.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see, why we need stats to fold here? Even if he is overplaying a hand like K9, we dont even beat that. If we had a hand like JJ, we would have a real decision to make, and probably we would end up reluctantly calling. But K6 should just have been an instant fold. You cant get married to the absolute strength of your hand. You need to look at, what other hands are possible, and what your opponent is representing.
I put it wrong. We need stats to go the all-in with manic opp :) sure on the river we r dead but on the flop we want to get the payment from AK and other strong enough to lose vs K6)

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre. (Even you Vilain called to loose with QTs, exept if he knew that you opening so wide)

IF would be 2 way pot and he would go all in on flop with 100 BB stack I would hapily call. On turn (in two way pot vs 100 BB stack) I would think about folding even 66. In three way pot vs 130 BB Im calling here with KK Maybe with JJ (He can play like this "99" or "TQ" )

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! You have a deep stack, what will you do if you catch the king with kicker 6? How often will you collect 2 pairs or a flash? This is pre-flop fold. The flop board is quite dangerous and I think need bet a little more. All in on the turn looks very strange, need to know the opponent’s statistics in order to make the right decision.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to bet larger to protect your holding on the flop and to extract value. K6s is not a good hand and the outcome was not a safe flop for 2pair. Bet 0.14 on the flop. Fold to the jam on the turn.

Agree that the preflop bet should be much larger to protect. You still may get the call by the Q10 however, so I would just have folded and waited for another hand.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K6s is not the most suitable hand for open raise. On preflop, this hand is better to fold. On the flop, we make a cbet, but too small betsize, on the turn, the opponent reraised push. We lose KJ, K9, 66, 99, QT. And we win against KQ, KT. So fold

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unlucky. Move on! Keep playing K6!