$2 NLHE Full Ring: How was this played? what lines would you take? Could I have played it better?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE Full Ring: How was this played? what lines would you take? Could I have played it better?

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.03 (102 bb)
MP (Hero): $1.14 (57 bb)
CO: $2.00 (100 bb)
BU: $2.10 (105 bb)
SB: $4.83 (242 bb)
BB: $2.05 (103 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with Q J
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.14) 5 A K (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.05, SB calls $0.05

Turn: ($0.24) J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.24) T (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18

Total pot: $0.60 (Rake: $0.02)

Showdown:
MP (Hero) shows Q J (a straight, Ten to Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 47%, Flop: 19%, Turn: 20%, River: 100%)

SB mucks A 6 (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 53%, Flop: 81%, Turn: 80%, River: 0%)

MP (Hero) wins $0.58

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have played the hand the way you did except I would have bet a little more on the flop to rep the Ace and if we had an ace we would go bigger than 1/3rd with the two clubs out there. Im think 7 or 8 cents for the flop bet. Once that is called I would know I am beat with some exceptions of 2 club hands. Turn helps us but its a check behind since we can now highly likely put villain on Ax and in this specific spot I would not be worried about charging the club draws. River is wonderful and now you should be going for max value. Your bet sizing is good but that is the smallest I would make it and I think you could even think about over betting the pot here to try to make your hand look a little bluffier. All in all though imo it was well played.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general you have played well on all the streets. The flop bet makes sense at that size when we have fold equity versus a villain raise. Because in this case we are clearly dominated in draws.
The check of turn is good because we are taking advantage of our position and expanding our perceived range. At this point the villain might be looking to knock us down with a donk bet and we'd have a tough decision because we're just beating his some of his random bluffs.
Finally the river is good and the size at 75% of the pot seems correct to me. Obviously there are other options like an overbet jam, but villain would need at least 2 pairs to call, as we could take that unusual bluff line with a hand like JTs that we open wide preflop.
Greetings.