$2 NLHE Full Ring: $ : Flopped strong, facing an unexpected turn raise.

H

Hyski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Stars - $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em (8 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB Hero: $2.45
BB: $1.91
UTG: $1.55
UTG+1: $0.95
MP: $0.72
MP+1: $1
CO: $1.22
BTN: $1.36
nish 214 - Sitting Out

Pre-flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB and dealt :10d4: :kc4:
6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06
In an attempt to steal the blinds I raise but get called. The sample size is small(40 hands) but 5/3 tells me that he's very tight and probably only calling with PP(probably 3-betting QQ, KK, AA, AK but it's not uncommon to see hardcore nits at 2nl cold calling with QQ, AK, AQ)

Flop: ($0.16) :ks4: :kd4: :7h4: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12
I get hit hard and considering that he's probably only playing PP I'm way ahead. I make the standard 3/4 C-bet expecting him to fold but get called

Turn: ($0.40) :ks4: :kd4: :7h4: :qd4: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.24, BB raises to $0.48, Hero??
Here I struggle to put him on an actual hand. I expect his flop calling range to be TT, JJ, 77 and possibly QQ, AK. Considering these to be his calling hands I'm still ahead of his range so I continue firing(Should have bet bigger) but he raises me. I can only see him raising with 77, AK and QQ, all hands that beat me.

So what do you guys think of this?
My hand reading skills suck but by consulting you guys I might possibly gain some insight.

Thanks in advance,
Hyski

Last edited:
bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really you think those are the only hands that raise? He's probably not that tight imo because of how small your sample is. QQ+ and AK probably 3bet preflop so you can probably discount those. I think he could be doing this with any K(he could be playing suited Kings) and 77. And it's 2nl, therefore I jam.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raisey daisey.

And don't make big folds, especially not blind vs. blind.

M

moneybagz718

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i would definately call being the stakes and depending on my read on the player in previous hands id think hes chasing so my curiousity would get the best of mr

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By call you mean raise right

H

Hyski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot for the replies.

I just don't see him playing K2s-K9s but possibly KJs, KQs/KQo. Anyways I called the turn and the river brought an ACE. I checked hoping for a river bet I could call but he shoved so I folded.

Looking back at the hand I realize I should not have called. Should have either folded or raised/shoved.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably be calling a shove on the river. althought the line villian has taken looks very strong, there are still a lot of hands he's betting for value, but you still beat. It's also pretty hard to put you on a king as most players would c/c or c/r the flop with trips so even a hand like aq.
as played i'd call river shove, but I dunno if 3-betting on the turn is any good. Obviously you want to get it in, but it might fold out a lot of hands you'd get value with on the river (AQ being an example).