$2 NLHE Full Ring: Facing river raise-shove from loose-passive villain with overpair

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
$2 NLHE Full Ring: Facing river raise-shove from loose-passive villain with overpair

Hero open-raises (hand: QQ) 0.06$, fold, fold, Villain 3bets 0.10$, fold, fold, BtN calls 0.10$, fold, fold, Hero calls 0.04$.

-FLOP: 9c 5c 5d (Pot 0.32$)

Hero checks, Villain checks, Btn checks.

-TURN: 9c 5c 5d 9d (Pot 0.32$)

Hero checks, Villain checks, Btn checks

-RIVER: 9c 5c 5d 9d 10c (Pot 0.32$)

Hero bets 0.24$, Villain raises all-in, Btn folds, Hero ??

Villain's VPIP/PFR/3B: 26/7/0 in 50 hands
Hero original stack: 100bb - Villain original stack 60bb

Villain's min-3bet vs my early position open put me on alarms. I mainly put him on AA-QQ. After that, probably JJ, AK, and mayby.....AQs. The two-tone 10-high flop is strange. If he has AA-KK, I would just valuetown myself. If he has AK I could take a call, but I could take a fold too. If he has JJ he would pay me, but an A or K turn would put me in a very tough spot.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lets talk about the coherence of the way u played the hand first, u were willing to play a multi pot preflop, u did check flop and turn so why bet the river u didnt improve at all your hand had become worst every time u do loose to AA and KK to a 5 to a 9 and on the river to a flush keep checking and fold to any bet that will be in line with how u played the hand.
for me u 4bet hard perflop .50$ there is the right bet and u go from there.

kokoalexkoko

kokoalexkoko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice fold. I am fold every time in such situation.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 4-betting all in once the button flats villains min 3-bet. We have the ladies and if we run in to KK or AA then so be it. If they have AA or KK the hand will play the same on a low flop anyway.

As played pre-flop I would be leading this flop and turn so we would most likely be all in on the turn.

Once you get to the river how we played just fold.

Just went back and seen villain was a shorter stack also so I'm putting it in pre-flop with the ladies.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4B pre. Villain is a fish so we can’t say he only 3B’s QQ+. Our liability is also cut due to villains stack size. As stacks shorten big hands become more powerful.

As a general rule at these levels 4B/shoving QQ+, AK as standard seems good.

AK has great removal and QA unblocks all AK.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think QQ is not a good hand to play 3 way pot. Maybe preflop 4bet to isolate villain is better. Facing 3 way pot, your hand just wait to showdown. But river you just have a little bit value, it's not enough to call villain's shove.

Good fold and remember isolate next time.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain's min-3bet vs my early position open put me on alarms. I mainly put him on AA-QQ. After that, probably JJ, AK, and mayby.....AQs.

Seen many of these in 3 bets with a small pair also taking the lead and then checking to see 4 cards instead of three. People do crazy stuff all the time so dont put them on a tight range preflop.

Having said would 4 bet with QQ all the time if I don't have more information on the villain. Its an ideal spot to take down the hand with a min 3 bet and a caller your also OOP which makes it even a better 4 bet.

R

RunItOnce_James

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As other have said, at 60bb given this action, I would just 4 bet preflop. As played, once the flop gets checked through I would lead turn. 9x is rarely in either player's range and better overpairs almost definitely bet the flop. River play looks good once you get there like this.