$2 NLHE Full Ring: Day 22 TT vs overcard

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I got a bunch of pairs. Most of them went nicely, but this is the kind of hand that I really doubt what is the best course of action. Basic question is: if I have a pair and there are overcards on the board but I get no resistance, what should I do?

Villain is 75/38

Hero (MP): $2.14
MP+1: $0.80
LP: $1.40
CO: $2.39
BTN: $2.00
SB: $2.00
BB: $1.14
UTG: $2.40
UTG+1: $4.91

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has [10c] [10s]

UTG calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, LP calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27, 3 players) [2d] [6h] [Ks]
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.13, fold, UTG calls $0.13

Pretty standard: c-bet brought a bunch of folds except UTG.

Turn: ($0.53, 2 players) [3h]
UTG checks, Hero checks

Since I didn't have an overpair, I decided to check to keep the pot small. On the other hand there was no resistance whatsoever.

River: ($0.53, 2 players) [Qs]
UTG checks, Hero checks

UTG shows Qd Ac (One Pair, Queens) (PreFlop 43%, Flop 25%, Turn 14%)
Hero mucks Tc Ts (One Pair, Tens) (PreFlop 57%, Flop 75%, Turn 86%)
UTG wins $0.51
Opinions?...

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reads are critical here. There is no standard play because some people will call any bet and some are super nits, the actions you need to take will change depending on what you know about the other player.

As played I bet the turn because your flop bet looks like nothing more than a standard c-bet which really can mean anything especially at the micros. Betting the Turn you have something, let him worry about calling/folding/raising. I am done with the hand after the turn though.

Last edited:
R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm almost sure that at these stakes 80%+ have no idea what a c-bet is. I reckon that a turn bet can make a difference if the villain has nothing. In this case I offered him a free card when maybe he would've folded to my turn bet.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 10♣ 10♠

UTG calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, LP calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27, 3 players) 2♦ 6♥ K♠
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.13, fold, UTG calls $0.13

Pretty standard: c-bet brought a bunch of folds except UTG.

Are we talking about the same hand? You got one fold, not a bunch of folds. One fold out of 2, at that.

Turn: ($0.53, 2 players) 3♥
UTG checks, Hero checks

Since I didn't have an overpair, I decided to check to keep the pot small. On the other hand there was no resistance whatsoever.

Vs this villain it's a nice spot to bet - he's going to have a lot of random low cards and he won't fold pairs often so you get value from a decent range. Limp calling pre normally suggests suited connectors, low/mid pairs, random junk so you can still get value from plenty.

Don't post results, even in spoilers.

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are we talking about the same hand? You got one fold, not a bunch of folds. One fold out of 2, at that.

Sorry, I was reading the previous line that has in fact a bunch of folds. :)

Vs this villain it's a nice spot to bet - he's going to have a lot of random low cards and he won't fold pairs often so you get value from a decent range. Limp calling pre normally suggests suited connectors, low/mid pairs, random junk so you can still get value from plenty.

He limped with anything and flat called a raise with something decent but I see your point. I should've bet the turn.

Don't post results, even in spoilers.

Gotcha. :)