$2 NLHE Full Ring: bad play post flop or just unlucky

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 26/13/39

utg was a nit so I expected he was upto something pre so I limped along I know it wasn't the best of pre flop play but what should of done post if anytthing

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (poker stars)
$2.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, September 07, 06:08:02 ET 2018
Table Unuk (real money)
Seat 7 is the button
Seat 1: Player1 ( $2.91 USD ) - VPIP: 26, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 2.4, hands: 96
Seat 2: Player2 ( $2.00 USD ) - VPIP: 11, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 19
Seat 3: Hero ( $3.38 USD ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 14, 3B: 7, AF: 1.5, Hands: 4765
Seat 4: Player4 ( $2.08 USD ) - VPIP: 71, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 0.8, Hands: 7
Seat 5: Player5 ( $2.92 USD ) - VPIP: 29, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 1.3, Hands: 85
Seat 6: Player6 ( $2.00 USD ) - VPIP: 17, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
Seat 7: Player7 ( $1.99 USD ) - VPIP: 13, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 60
Seat 8: Player8 ( $1.95 USD ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 20
Seat 9: Player9 ( $2.13 USD ) - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 39
Player8 posts small blind [$0.01 USD].
Player9 posts big blind [$0.02 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Qc Kd ]
Player1 folds
Player2 folds
Hero calls [$0.02 USD]
Player4 calls [$0.02 USD]
Player5 raises [$0.13 USD]
Player6 folds
Player7 folds
Player8 folds
Player9 folds
Hero calls [$0.11 USD]
Player4 calls [$0.11 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4s, Kh, Ks ]
Hero checks
Player4 checks
Player5 bets [$0.21 USD]
Hero calls [$0.21 USD]
Player4 calls [$0.21 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
Hero checks
Player4 checks
Player5 bets [$0.52 USD]
Hero calls [$0.52 USD]
Player4 calls [$0.52 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
Hero checks
Player4 checks
Player5 bets [$2.06 USD]
Hero calls [$2.06 USD]
Player4 folds
Player5 shows [Jd, Jc ]
Hero shows [Qc, Kd ]
Player5 wins $6.51 USD from main pot

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But it says you limped first in?

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh god your right:/ guess that what I get for not paying full attention. okay aprt from that was it bad play?

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the flop it depends. I don’t know what size the pot was on the turn, if by calling it’s big enough to jam into on the river then callings ok because the boards so dry. What calls that you beat if you raise? Worse kx will be tricky to come by. If the pots not grown enough then we could re raise.

This way villain gets to bluff/bet a worse hand on the river and if not you have position.

Your severely under repped. You probably have to go broke ap 100bb deep.

Might be an idea to convert your hands bud. You’ll get more replies because it makes them easier to read. Also leave results out it skews people’s response even subconsciously.

Gl man

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and never limp first in again.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So 3bet jam turn think the pot was about 50bb on the turn and if I go broke i go broke? Wouldn’t I only get called by what’s beating me in that spot? I was planning on 3betting the river on a brick just didn’t like the j that much? Should I have folded river? and I never normally just limp pre don’t know how I miss read that, I’m trying to get into the idea of putting players on ranges but I can’t seem to get the hang of it unless I’m doing without think but I think that’s bs, I have no idea where to start with that if I play 1 table I can do it but I get bored I can do it with some of the regs since I know what there opening ranges tend to be also with nits, but in that sutuation I would of said villain had either ak, any pocket kq and aces

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop limping.
And why are you calling when you have trips.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at it your both deep. So the spr is low so it’s a bit tougher gii good. But I think we have a value hand that wants to play for stacks. If the pots big enough and we think villain will do the work for us we can call. So I’d probably call flop, but then we have to raise turn. There’s nothing wrong with raising flop though, it’s just that by not raising we give bluffs an extra chance to bet and it builds the pot anyway.

I guess if we’re horribly imbalanced towards value when we bet then a thinking player might over fold (only call with better). This is why we have to sometimes bluff. But the player pool at NL2 call far more than they should, that’s why a plain old value orientated game can do well there.

A triple barrel is pretty polarising but I don’t think we can’t fold. I don’t think raising river with 100bb behind and gii good is that likely. The j takes away a significant range of hands (KJ, JJ) that we crush and puts them ahead. It may call for a raise fold line, but by that point I don’t mind a call. It’s player dependent.

Can villain have any busted flush draws? If he can double barrel jj on a paired board can he have TT? It’s worth noting villain either value bets or bluffs an under pair. The turn sizing may be a tell. Keep an eye on him.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise preflop don't limp. As the 3 bet is rather large I would prob fold KQo preflop as it does not play that well post flop normally especially in a 3 bet pot OOP.
flop pot is ~ 0.39$
Although you could raise on the flop check calling is ok here player behind you over calls. Villain raised ~ 1/2 pot bot you and the player behind call.

turn pot ~ 1.0$
Would mostly lead out here for about 70% of the pot here such that I can shove on the river. You decide to check and villain bets about half pot. Both you and player 4 call.

river pot ~ 2.50$
On the river you check villain bets (all-in?) and you call and player 4 folds.

Don't think that you made big mistakes would certainly call on the river as you under wrapped your hand and villain can have AA and busted flush draws still also that he plays this way.