Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP+1 with J A
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.08, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.19) 9 Q T (2 players)
Hero bets $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.43) J (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.43) 6 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.27, Hero....

I flopped an OESD, I have A of clubs so I c-bet, villain calls. Turn brings me a pair I was trying to put villain on a range here but in the middle of the hand I was having a hard time because the board texture as a beginner it can be overwhelming when the board is this wet I got frazzled and just checked. I checked river and villain bets 0.27 into 0.43 making the pot 0.70 so I am getting 2.5 to 1, I need to be good 1 out of 3.5 times and I wasn't sure about it . Now that I am actually looking at the hand away from the table I see there is 4 to a straight by the river and my hand is beating nothing ? I put villain on Qx, Tx or draws on the flop what do you think his flop calling range was? would he have raised with a straight ?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think x/f river is fine. Villain can have many two pair combos and you have Ac that blocks villain bluffing range.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really wide his range here.
I think he can have any meaningful combination of clubs like 78 of clubs or Ax (sorry my bad, u have the A..), and then any two pair like JT or QJ.. or maybe AQ. Really hard to say.
Maybe he even tries to take the pot with something like 67c, who knows xD.
The way the hand played is possible for every scenario which includes some bluffs too.
I think more times you lose here than win, so well played. But even if you call it's ok in my mind.

Last edited:
GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I fold to villain's river bet. Out of position here it is not a great spot and I don't mind how you played it.

If I had villain's post flop stats and the number of hands was meaningful I'd be interested in his fold to c bet on the flop, that would really give some good info on the range he continued with and might help you make decisions on later streets. As a tight player if he continued with about 35-40% of hands after you C bet I'd be assuming he had connected somehow. Much less, like <20-25% he'd be a very exploitable fit or fold player that definitely has connected somehow. Anything more than 40% some floats are coming into play where he has perhaps not connected, and a higher call C Bet of around 60-70% means he would be seeing the turn with a lot of hands that have missed the flop.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm raising river for lulz
honestly don't think it's bad to fold out Qx & he seems like a nit. But the line will look really bluffy.
But don't mind the xf

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
On the turn you could bet small, like one third, for value and protection, but check is totally fine. On the river you can raise all in as a bluff, you block AK and KJ, so your hand has good blockers. If you think villain never bets two pair here, then it's fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
4X raise is pretty large. Maybe not a big deal at 2NL, but as you move up, you probably want to adjust to more standard online sizes like 3X or even 2,5X.

Flop
I like your C-bet. You flopped an OESD and BDFD, so you have a bucket of equity, and you can certainly fold out some better hands. A nit like this typically call with a lot of pocket pairs. 22-77 is absolutely toast on this board, and he will probably just give up and fold.

Turn
This is not the card, you were loking for, as it actually counterfeited your main draw. I like your check, and if he had bet, I would just check-fold.

River
Still a check-fold to me. I think, he would mostly have bet a K on the turn, but there are so many other hands, you also dont beat, and you block missed clubs, which is his only natural bluff. Also these nitty regulars rarely bluff, so in general its fine to fold on the river, when you can only beat a bluff.

Folding in Poker