MP: $4.03 (202 bb)
MP+1: $2.18 (109 bb)
LP: $2.34 (117 bb)
CO: $7.80 (390 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.40 (120 bb)
SB: $1.01 (51 bb)
BB: $1.62 (81 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with J A
UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, 3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 players fold, UTG calls $0.10, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.31) 8 3 T (2 players)
UTG bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.51) 9 (2 players)
UTG bets $0.24, Hero raises to $0.66, UTG calls $0.33 (all-in)

During the hand I thought villains donk bet meant he had Tx most of the time , I need to work on dealing with players who are short stacked because I wasn't fully paying attention , I called the 10c I wanted to see another card, turn comes and gives me open ended + over cards villain bets half pot and I put him all in.. thoughts?

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please don't get too offended. There is nothing I like about this hand. Pre flop fold. Flop fold. turn fold.

Unsuited big cards are almost always a fold pre flop.

Chancing over cards is burning money.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please don't get too offended. There is nothing I like about this hand. Pre flop fold. Flop fold. turn fold.

Unsuited big cards are almost always a fold pre flop.

Chancing over cards is burning money.

no worries I figured I would get pooped on in the comments you put it nicely for me, thank you.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I shouldnt put all my money in like this being the underdog? is that the moral of this story?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Casey. I don't mind your play. Folding AJo after a few limps is ridiculously weak. Your pf raise is fine. And after a 1/3 pot donk, I don't mind your call. Turn play is marginal, but with your OESD and over(s) your play certainly isn't horrible.

Against short stacks (and this guy is definitely a fish) I will play a bit more loosely to try to get his $ before someone else inevitably does.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Casey. I don't mind your play. Folding AJo after a few limps is ridiculously weak. Your pf raise is fine. And after a 1/3 pot donk, I don't mind your call. Turn play is marginal, but with your OESD and over(s) your play certainly isn't horrible.

Against short stacks (and this guy is definitely a fish) I will play a bit more loosely to try to get his $ before someone else inevitably does.

this right here, in my opinion pre was played alright as you have to open yourself up abit sometimes you just got over committed to the short stack sometimes just have that gut feeling your beat and learn to let em go. I mean this has happened to literally every poker player so i wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
OP, preflop is fine. Flop call is also ok. However, on the turn your raise doesn't make sense, because you have no fold equity. Not even 1%. If villain donks a lot, I think you can call, and see river, you have decent outs. If villain is tight then it's fold.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the UTG and UTG + 1 call a hand like AJo I in particular would not fold but I only call and with that flop I fold quickly, I don't see what you were looking for with the call on the flop and less when after raising In the pre-flop the villain does not check waiting for your Cbet for me it was called the pre-flop and fold in the flop it is possible that the villain seeing a flop so dry tried to make a bluff but I would have let him win that and move on to the next hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Limping ranges are usually wide and weak, so there is no way on earth, I am ever folding AJ to limpers, and certainly not when I have the best seat of the table. I am also not limping behind and allowing everyone to see a cheap flop and try to draw out on me. So I am isolating 100% of the time here, and I like your size as well. You got a single caller, which is the ideal result other than picking it up.

Flop
Kind of an awkward spot, but when he bet so small, I think, you sort of have to call in position with AJ high. Otherwise he can literally print money by calling you out of position and donk leading with absolute random air. You are not only calling in the hope to improve, but also because AJ could simply be the best hand.

Turn
Now you picked up an OESD, but he is also making a more substantial half bet pot, so I think, his range is stronger now, than it was on the flop. Its kind of an awkward spot because of his stack size. You are not getting great implied odds on the river, so calling is not the most attractive option in the world. But you also have no fold equity. He obviously likes his hand, and with so little left behind, he is calling you almost 100% of the time. So even though it sucks to fold after picking up equity, I think, this has to be a fold due to his stack size.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Limping ranges are usually wide and weak, so there is no way on earth, I am ever folding AJ to limpers, and certainly not when I have the best seat of the table. I am also not limping behind and allowing everyone to see a cheap flop and try to draw out on me. So I am isolating 100% of the time here, and I like your size as well. You got a single caller, which is the ideal result other than picking it up.

Flop
Kind of an awkward spot, but when he bet so small, I think, you sort of have to call in position with AJ high. Otherwise he can literally print money by calling you out of position and donk leading with absolute random air. You are not only calling in the hope to improve, but also because AJ could simply be the best hand.

Turn
Now you picked up an OESD, but he is also making a more substantial half bet pot, so I think, his range is stronger now, than it was on the flop. Its kind of an awkward spot because of his stack size. You are not getting great implied odds on the river, so calling is not the most attractive option in the world. But you also have no fold equity. He obviously likes his hand, and with so little left behind, he is calling you almost 100% of the time. So even though it sucks to fold after picking up equity, I think, this has to be a fold due to his stack size.

Completely agree with this. Would have played as described. Big fan of the iso raise vs limpers, but have to let them have it when you miss and they seem interested.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everything you did was fine up to the turn. You have no fold equity as he's calling 100% of the time if you raise him allin. And you don't have enough equity to justify putting $.57 into a $.51 pot. You're almost never ahead, for sure less than 5% of the time and only that high because it's 2NL. Often you're going to be looking at J9/JT or 2 pair type hands here that have you absolutely demolished. Even if he only has like KT, it would still be a marginally bad play.

I know it's weird that you'd float the flop, hit one of your best possible cards, and fold anyways. It's a weird situation but a pretty clear fold for me.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think preflop is fine, though i would raise a bit bigger, maybe 15C.

Dont mind calling the donk on the flop. On the turn it is probably a fold, as you wont have no fold equity.

If you decide to go with it, you could draw, hoping all your outs are good (any Ace, Jack or7.