$2 NLHE Full Ring: Agree with my hand analysis here?

J

johnoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 52.5 BB
MP: 68 BB
Hero (CO): 135 BB
BTN: 106 BB
SB: 24.5 BB
BB: 22.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, MP calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 2 players) 5:club: T:club: 3:spade:
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (12 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
SB bets 19.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 19.5 BB

River: (51 BB, 2 players) 9:club:

SB cashed out 46.5 BB for a fee of 0.5 BB

SB shows K:heart: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Threes)
(Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
Hero shows Q:spade: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Threes)
(Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)

So, my thinking with this had is that villain is only 3-betting with: AK and TT+.

Flop comes and I think villain is betting with TT so therefore his range on the flop is JJ+/AK.
On reflection, I should have probably bet out this turn, maybe 2/3 pot??? as opposed to the check. Or then again, looking at his stack size....gone all in?

The turn comes and I would say it is obvious villain has two pair. In this case, only two hands beat me so therefore a call is not out of the question, plus this guy was shallow stacked and all in so why not.

I know this is probably a very basic hand analysis, however, this is what I am working on at the moment so I guess I am more looking at feedback on my hand analysis than the way I played the hand.

Thanks!

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, against a short stack 3 bet, I would have just put him all in preflop.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, against a short stack 3 bet, I would have just put him all in preflop.

Agree on this - at 2NL there is no higher level thinking necessary. QQ is good, me want money all in pot now.

J

johnoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree on this - at 2NL there is no higher level thinking necessary. QQ is good, me want money all in pot now.

When do you think the higher level thinking comes in? NL5?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 52.5 BB
MP: 68 BB
Hero (CO): 135 BB
BTN: 106 BB
SB: 24.5 BB
BB: 22.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, MP calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 2 players) 5 T 3
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (12 BB, 2 players) 3
SB bets 19.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 19.5 BB

River: (51 BB, 2 players) 9

SB cashed out 46.5 BB for a fee of 0.5 BB

SB shows K K (Two Pair, Kings and Threes)
(Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
Hero shows Q Q (Two Pair, Queens and Threes)
(Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)

So, my thinking with this had is that villain is only 3-betting with: AK and TT+.

Flop comes and I think villain is betting with TT so therefore his range on the flop is JJ+/AK.
On reflection, I should have probably bet out this turn, maybe 2/3 pot??? as opposed to the check. Or then again, looking at his stack size....gone all in?

The turn comes and I would say it is obvious villain has two pair. In this case, only two hands beat me so therefore a call is not out of the question, plus this guy was shallow stacked and all in so why not.

I know this is probably a very basic hand analysis, however, this is what I am working on at the moment so I guess I am more looking at feedback on my hand analysis than the way I played the hand.

Thanks!

I didn't read your comment mate, sorry, but for the observation of the hand I would dare to say that we should be jamming SB right off the bat preflop or on the flop already. If it happens that SB has a freakin' KK and AA or it happens to hit its AK, good for it, for the times we lose we don't lose very much and for the times we take the pot it is okay, a normal variance spot, where we should be putting SB all-in as soon as possible.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

J

johnoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't read your comment mate, sorry, but for the observation of the hand I would dare to say that we should be jamming SB right off the bat preflop or on the flop already. If it happens that SB has a freakin' KK and AA or it happens to hit its AK, good for it, for the times we lose we don't lose very much and for the times we take the pot it is okay, a normal variance spot, where we should be putting SB all-in as soon as possible.

Regards;

Thanks for the reply.

Do you say that for this situation or in most situations against the SB?

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy shove pre. Calling is pretty bad with any hand, suitable for All in preflop.

D

Dimitris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against short stackers and fishes I prefer to stack off with QQ+/AQs+

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for the reply.

Do you say that for this situation or in most situations against the SB?

Only for this specific situation, mate: poker is a very flexible game and we should try to be creative and do something totally new everytime we play a new hand, which makes the game so rich in complexion and analysis possibilities.

Well, I say we could be jamming the SB for two main reasons:

1) SB is broken stack, give or take 25 blinds, so what is the point of calling a 3-bet in position to give a chance for the player to fold postflop? Let's try to put all the chips in the middle ASAP, because if the SB 3-bets for 5 blinds, I think it is harder for it to fold to a jam preflop, having only 20 blinds behind than postflop: as I said, postflop the recreational can rethink the situation and keep those miserable 20 blinds for itself.

2) No doubt SB is a recreational and we are on the top of our cake, I mean, range.
If we lose, it is okay because QQ+ are very good hands and are winning most of times. If we lose, we lose only 25 blinds, not 50 blinds not 100 blinds, this is the point: our actions totally depend on how many chips the opponent has versus how many chips do we have, etc;)

Regards;

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands