Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A hand from the session:

EP (Hero with AcAd): raises to 0.05$, EP+1 (Villain): calls, EP+2/UTG/HJ/CO/BTN/SB fold, BB calls.

Pot: 0.16$

Flop: Jh 9c 3d

Hero cbets 0.11$, Villain calls, BB folds

Pot: 0.38$

Turn: Jh 9c 3d Kc

Hero bets 0.28$, Villain raises to 0.66$, Hero ???

Zoom poker, full-ring table, no stats.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hand from the session:

EP (Hero with AcAd): raises to 0.05$, EP+1 (Villain): calls, EP+2/UTG/HJ/CO/BTN/SB fold, BB calls.

Pot: 0.16$

Flop: Jh 9c 3d

Hero cbets 0.11$, Villain calls, BB folds

Pot: 0.38$

Turn: Jh 9c 3d Kc

Hero bets 0.28$, Villain raises to 0.66$, Hero ???

Zoom poker, full-ring table, no stats.

Thank you for posting

This is not a board we want to be building on that turn. We need to range our villains and our villain can play like this with a nut range like this:

33 99 JJ KJ QT as well as the pair plus flush draws if the V is aggro.

The K also hits our KK AK KQ KJ cbets so the V is raising a card that hits us often.

So we need the V to have a lot of bluffs and draws to call here.

This is a really good hand to use Equilab to figure out our equity versus a range.

I would have checked turn decided on river Villain tendency dependent

Hope this Helps
:):)

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree.

The board isn't good enough for me to build a big pot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, preflop and flop is very standard. The interesting spot is the turn, and the first decision of course is, do we bet or check? Its not the greatest turn card for our hand, since hands like KJ and QT just got there, and I dont think, many worse hands are going to pay, if we bet both turn and river. So while betting is not terrible, I learn towards checking and trying to get to showdown without bloating the pot so much.

When we get raised, it basically just sucks. He is giving you better than 3:1, so you only need around 23% equity to continue. But if he is only raising two pair, sets and straights, you have around 5% equity, which is nowhere near enough. You are also not yet at showdown, so if you call, you might face a big river bet. And if you know already, you are going to fold to that, unless you river a set, why not just fold now.

I also dont see many natural bluffs for him to have. Yes there is a diamond draw now, but its somewhat unlikely, he floated the flop with another guy left to act behind him, and you block AX of diamonds. T8 is a potential draw, that could be bluffing, but this sizing just scream "please call me". So I would just go with the classic Baluga Theorem and fold here.

The Baluga Theorem | BalugaWhale Poker Theorem (thepokerbank.com)

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is exactly the case when we really need to know the characteristics of the opponent. With an unknown opponent, I see two options here. 1. Fold. It won't be a big mistake, but for me it's very tight. 2. Call. But we have to be prepared to call the river too. As a result, you can play this way and that. Given that these are micro-stakes, I am in favor of calling.

Full Flush Poker