$2 NLHE Full Ring: A4 Suited - Did I play this correctly?

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some images to go with this - going to add some images if i can.

Anyhow, playing what was an overlimped pot with :ah4::4h4: -- the BB (who you will note i have tagged with a Red note signals them as a very LAG fish) -- 3bets this pot, a second huge fish calls, another player whom i do not have a read on, and I decide to flat myself.

The flop comes --- and is checked to me, so i decided to bet
Hand1-1.jpg

well, then this happens

Hand1-2.jpg

I have the two biggest fish at the table in the hand - one 3betting the flop, one flatting the check raise....so it was a weird spot, i decided to peel and see if my draw improves and I win a monster pot.

So, now comes the turn and the BB Jams...my other fish just flats and i've seen him do this with 2nd pair and with draws....so it puts me in a really weird spot...

Hand1-3.jpg

So this being said, this was a very weird spot for me....what would you do in this situation vs two huge fish?

This one of the areas I would like you guys to evaluate my play the most. Its a spot I find myself in more than enough (not always this weak) and sometimes I wonder if I am making correct decisions...anyhow

The

Results

and or

outcome

are

posted

in

the

photos

below!

Hand1-4.jpg

Hand1-5.jpg

So in the end, I did win the hand but did I make the right decisions? Where did I go wrong and could I have done things differently? Thanks!

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had the nut flush draw. So:

1.92+1.35+1.35= 4.65:1.35= 3.62+1= 4.62 (in my head I would've calculated 2+2.5= 4.5:1.5= 3+1= 4 to make it easier)
So it's 3/1 odds which in percentages is 3+1=4, so 100:4= 25% (real percentage is 22.2%)
If we use the 2 and 4 rule with 9 outs to a flush it's 9x2=18%
So if we only think a flush is good you're not getting the direct odds, but close. With implied odds, so money you could make on the river, you are getting the odds with a call. But you hit the ace so we might even be good on the river.
I would've called the turn and then shove if I hit the flush. I don't think there was any valid reason to shove the turn even though you had him beat. He played a bad hand.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the flop is better as a check call you run a very high risk of getting raised betting into 3 players and have little to no fold equity.The turn i cant blame you for getting it in with those odds as long as the 4 is an out and the A is an out sometimes it's ok i think. But i also wouldn't blame you for folding because you might consider your hands basically a bare flush draw at that stage.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling with A4s after the 3bet and call is speculative, but OK. After the bet and call and after Hero's call there is $1.92 in the pot and Villain has less than a pot sized bet left. Hero is just under 40% to complete the nut flush and is getting the odds to shove. Villain in SB will obviously call and the shove may bring the cold caller along. I think that is the best move.

As played when the ace on the turn might be good, but the flush draw has lost 1/2 of its value. Technically the odds are worse now, but with the added money in the pot, I like the shove.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
You over limp and call the bet of the BB and close the action which is ok with these type of players having A4s.
Flop
As they are fish I would check this very wet board in a multi way pot your having a drawing hand and almost no fold equity if they are fish any 8 any T and any J and better will make the call if they are fish. So delay betting until you hit your flush.
You got raised and someone calls this is not good you are probably behind but you have the odds to call.
Turn
You hit your A but there are two other players in the pot who can also have an A or 8T (given the heavy river action an A is not likely unless it is AJ). Would make the call as you could be ahead already and you have decent amount of outs if your not ahead to the NUT flush and the pot odds are just to good.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate the comments so far, they all make sense...I agree with checking the flop, sometimes I catch myself doing some pretty ignorant things - I dont think it was a terrible spot to bet - but in the end no worse hands fold and if I dont hit my draw anyway it was a waste dumping money for no reason. The only upside at all (if there is one) would be committing the KK to the pot before the Ace falls on the turn (of course me not knowing they are that strong).

The flop check - raise and me flatting behind closing 3 way action I think was fine - turning the ace certainly helps vs a few fish but then again you never know what they will show up with, not the most comfortable here but I just drilled top pair and still want to draw to the nut flush. When the flop raiser ships it all in for less than pot, and MP flats...i am in a weird spot, I want to definitely call, but contemplating raising not just to protect my hand, but to possibly commit the second fish with a worse pair or flush draw. Obviously in the end, I decided to rip it all in on the turn figuring my second fish already had over 50% of his stack in the pot and will definitely call off the rest of it with less than the A.

As we see, this does not happen. In hind sight I really wonder if I shouldn't have just flatted the turn as well (as suggested by some of you) and seeing the river improve my hand even more - perhaps my second fish would have hung himself there? Maybe committed something more to the pot...worst case scenario he just check folds the river and I end up winning the same amount there anyhow.

Not wanting to sound greedy since this was a nice pot - do you think I missed out on some value on the river by jamming the turn?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You absolutely did. You did not shove on the flop without a made hand against multiple opponents while building a pot. Hit you top pair on the turn and trips on the river. The odds of someone else having and ace is so slim since you're the only one that has equity with a flush draw. Only hand that scares you is trips, which doesn't seem possible the way the betting went.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand! LAG doesn't mean fish and we shouldn't judge other as fish in micro poker. People play a lot looser here. Our hand Ah4h and this pocket KK must go to the river no matter what base on the action given; so I don't think there is a right or wrong way to play this hand. If the turn is a blank, we would still have to call his all in.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand! LAG doesn't mean fish and we shouldn't judge other as fish in micro poker. People play a lot looser here. Our hand Ah4h and this pocket KK must go to the river no matter what base on the action given; so I don't think there is a right or wrong way to play this hand. If the turn is a blank, we would still have to call his all in.

I appreciate your opinion - its just my labeling system and how i tend to classify players - secondly if the turn is a blank for me...I think i fold. If the turn is a blank - i lose alot of my equity to draw to the nuts and probably do not call the opponents shove - which i perceive to be a made hand - purely on a draw. I dont know if thats the correct move, but i think its my move for sure in that scenario.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, the peasant was not lucky with KK. In the deck, somewhere, the fourth ace was lost, and then you would have sucked to the fullest.:icon_king

N

new8473

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You didn't have to go all in on the turn because there was a bet and call before you and you had a weak ace. You could call and let them bet off all their money, re evaluate on the river.