$2 NLHE Full Ring: This is a fold right?

L

lackingtoast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 34/14/5

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 133.5 BB (VPIP: 43.75, PFR: 18.75, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 49)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 12.83, PFR: 10.20, 3Bet Preflop: 3.39, Hands: 310)
CO: 66 BB (VPIP: 19.00, PFR: 1.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 101)
Hero (BTN): 148.5 BB
SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.71, PFR: 22.86, 3Bet Preflop: 23.08, Hands: 36)
BB: 204 BB (VPIP: 34.18, PFR: 13.92, 3Bet Preflop: 9.68, Hands: 81)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: A:club:

UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB, SB calls 1.5 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (8 BB, 4 players) 7:spade: J:spade: 6:heart:
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets 4 BB, Hero raises to 12.5 BB, fold, BB raises to 40 BB, fold, Hero calls 27.5 BB

Turn: (92 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
BB bets 162 BB and is all-in, fold

BB wins 87.5 BB

1 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
This is kind of borderline. You do have the best seat on the table, but AJo is not doing great against a correct UTG open range, and even though this guy is kind of fishy looking, his PFR is reasonable. However he did mini-raise, which in my experience can sometimes mean a weak hand from a guy like this. Its kind of the next evolution of limping, where he is just trying to see a cheap flop with some of that 44% of hands, he other times limp. Maybe he got tired of getting isolated, and then he try this strategy instead.

For that reason I am ok with playing AJo, but I must prefer to 3-bet here to knock the blinds out of the pot and isolate the fish. Much like I would also isolate, if he had limped into the pot. A 3-way or 4-way pot with AJo is far from ideal, and the whole justification for even playing is, that we think, he might have some kind of weak hand because of his sizing.

Flop
So we flopped TPTK, but its not really a great situation, because the board is so wet, and 4 players saw the flop. I think, raising the flop is almost an overplay, and if you are going to do it and get this huge cold 3-bet thrown back in your face, you should just fold right there.

You are either way behind a set or two pair, or you are flipping against a big combo-draw, and you are also a bit deep, which is extra bad for a hand like this. It all boil down to preflop, because if you had 3-bet, then BB would likely have folded his whatever, that smashed the heck out of the flop.

Turn
I like the fold, but I would never see the turn like this, because I would have played preflop and flop different.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG looks to be a bad player. With AJo, I would prefer a 3 bet or a fold preflop. That would make it far less likely the hand goes 4 way to the flop. As played, I think even a fold on the flop is right. 40BB is a huge raise.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 3-bet or fold preflop would be better. On the flop don't call the 3-bet. If you raise him just know befpre what are you doing if you get 3-bet.. 4-bet or fold

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't figured out the min-raise myself- as mentioned it could be a clever way to limp without getting iso-reraised, but it could be trying to induce a raise as well. Don't know if you think this guy is that sharp or not!

I agree a three bet is best here.

Flop is tough b/c you have an OK hand on a board with draws, and with other players behind. I probably would raise here as well, but when you get re-raised you have to lay it down, which is the weakness of that play. The alternative is calling and seeing if others come to play (likely will), which is not the best either.

You could look at doing a min-raise here, but I'm not sure how opponents would react to that either. In terms of raw math it might be the best play.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet or fold preflop and i wouldn't raise villains cbet either on the flop just flat the cbet and play the turn.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with others, AJo is not strong enough to flat OTB vs UTG raising range. Being a min raise makes it more likely to go multi way if we flat as well. Raise or fold pre. If we get 4 bet it's an easy fold. AP I don't mind the flop raise with top top and unblocking the flush draw. As stated when we get not just check raised, but check 3 bet with the three bettor still having the PFR behind them how often is 1 pair really good? As mentioned we are either already behind or facing a huge combo draw where we are flipping for stacks. I'd fold to the 3 bet. AP fold turn too, if he jammed his huge combo draw good for him.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
This is kind of borderline. You do have the best seat on the table, but AJo is not doing great against a correct UTG open range, and even though this guy is kind of fishy looking, his PFR is reasonable. However he did mini-raise, which in my experience can sometimes mean a weak hand from a guy like this. Its kind of the next evolution of limping, where he is just trying to see a cheap flop with some of that 44% of hands, he other times limp. Maybe he got tired of getting isolated, and then he try this strategy instead.

For that reason I am ok with playing AJo, but I must prefer to 3-bet here to knock the blinds out of the pot and isolate the fish. Much like I would also isolate, if he had limped into the pot. A 3-way or 4-way pot with AJo is far from ideal, and the whole justification for even playing is, that we think, he might have some kind of weak hand because of his sizing.

Flop
So we flopped TPTK, but its not really a great situation, because the board is so wet, and 4 players saw the flop. I think, raising the flop is almost an overplay, and if you are going to do it and get this huge cold 3-bet thrown back in your face, you should just fold right there.

You are either way behind a set or two pair, or you are flipping against a big combo-draw, and you are also a bit deep, which is extra bad for a hand like this. It all boil down to preflop, because if you had 3-bet, then BB would likely have folded his whatever, that smashed the heck out of the flop.

Turn
I like the fold, but I would never see the turn like this, because I would have played preflop and flop different.

Totally agree. The fold is correct, but you want to make it near impossible to see the turn.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Flop i think is a fold. But why you raise flop?

Pokersolomdp

Pokersolomdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

The bet was too strong for my taste, 3 bet preflop have to know that you have a difficult path in the flop, I also think that the opponent is a bad player

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that with AJ you can re-raise against this line of the game on the preflop. On the flop, we see too much pressure from the villain, and have only one pair, is best just folded.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Preflop, I would prefer 3bet. One senior pair is too vulnerable against such an aggressive game, therefore, fold is the best solution, as the opponent could catch three or more strong pair.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think was good to find out what did have UTG and to 3-bet him because he made strange raise and u had A blocker. What about flop u had no call of flop 3-betting. One pare is to sick also you had 150bb agains 200bb it to high stack to play all-in without nuts combos.

Folding in Poker