$2 NLHE Full Ring: 66 versus paired board against UTG aggro

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain was playing mostly snug, however I had notes on him that he would sometimes open UTG with hands like ATo, and barrel into 3 people on the flop with A-high on drawy middle card boards, barrel smaller on turn and give up on river, so I know he is capable of barreling with nothing sometimes and his UTG ranges are not always over-pairs and AK however here he opened for a min-raise which I found interesting.

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.41 (121 bb)
UTG+1: $0.34 (17 bb)
MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): $1.63 (82 bb)
LP: $1.63 (82 bb)
CO: $1.08 (54 bb)
BU: $2.78 (139 bb)
SB: $0.56 (28 bb)
BB: $1.34 (67 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP+1 with 6 6
UTG raises to $0.04, 2 players fold, Hero calls $0.04, 4 players fold, BB calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.13) A 2 4 (3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $0.07, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds

Turn: ($0.27) A (2 players)
UTG bets $0.16, MP+1 (Hero) folds

Total pot: $0.27 (Rake: $0.01)
UTG wins $0.26

I thought villain could have hands like KQs,QJs,JTs, I think his min-raise could indicate a hand like 88-JJ but tough to know for-sure. AA is unlikely on the turn and also makes AK and AQ less likely but not impossible. I am losing to any higher PP than 66 , I am losing to all the aces and club draws have good equity versus me but I think I can be ahead of some things aswell like missed face-cards and it seems villain could be afraid of the club the way he is betting, say if he has a hand like JJ no club he is in a strange position. I decided to fold the hand because I wasn't sure villains at these stakes are even capable of folding Pairs on this board but wanted to get your thoughts,thank you guys.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your hand is a bit weak to call two streets and could have less equity than his "bluff" like TT without a club. You can be creative sometimes like raising on the turn to 4x if you think villain is double barreling too much. Default play should be a fold on the turn.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your hand is a bit weak to call two streets and could have less equity than his "bluff" like TT without a club. You can be creative sometimes like raising on the turn to 4x if you think villain is double barreling too much. Default play should be a fold on the turn.

Ok , thank you. Why would you choose the 4x sizing ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you call to setmine, you need to be disciplined and stick with that plan. Maybe you can continue, if its heads up, and you hit a low board like 852 or 744, where the preflop raiser has missed a lot. But not on a A high board and with someone else left to act behind you. So just get out cheap and move on to the next hand.