$2 NLHE 6-max: Zoom NL2, 3 interesting hands

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys ! I was playing on Zoom NL2 this evening and had a great session (+12$). After reviewing some key hands of the evening after playing, I would like your opinion about these 3 hands that look interesting to me ! I don't often post hands on CC so I figured it would be ok to do three at once !

First one : I got KJs, I open from MP, small blind makes a very small 3-bet so I call as well as the utg. I flop top pair (jack) with a good kicker, it checks back to me so I value bet half pot. Small blind calls, turn is a K. Now I have two pair, I make another value bet of 40% of pot size hoping a call. River pairs the board (a 2), small blind checks, I bet half pot, small blinds goes all-in (1.5x pot). My first thought is that these kind of player wouldn't do that unless they have a big hand, so I should fold.

What do you do in this spot ? Or what would you have done differently in this hand ?
My first thought is that these kind of player wouldn't do that unless they have a big hand, so I should fold.

https://www.boomplayer.com/28363812_D310983718

Second one : I'm BB with TT, small blind raises, I 3bet and he calls. I'm not sure about my three bet, but as we were heads up I decided to go for it. Flop is KQ3. My 3bet range here is basically AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, and sometimes JJ and TT. So I figure this flop smash my range and I should c-bet bluff this one. Small blind calls and river is an ace. Even better for my range, I wasn't going to bluff only one street, so I make another stab with confidence, small blind folds.

Are you ok with this play ? I wonder if at this level I should be playing with what my range looks like, cause most of these players don't really know what they are doing ^^

https://www.boomplayer.com/28365757_271B16573B

Last one : I flat form the button with JJ a raise from the MP, bb flats too. Board is 365, bb bets pot, mp calls and I call (I'm not sure about this move) as I have an over pair. Turn is an ace, everyone checks. River is a 7, checks back to me and I check (not sure about that either). Would you have done it the same way ?

https://www.boomplayer.com/28363812_D310983718

Huge thanks in advance for those who will take the time to look at these hands and answer me !

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 i wouldn't donk into 2 players with the way preflop went. You have a decent top pair on a dry flop worth a couple of streets of value.I'm not looking to build a big pot to early and deception is ok with this hand. and some pot control.

Hand 2 im on board with the 3bet and the cbet is perfectly ok. I wouldn't barrel here though i dont think we get enough folds and i take my equity and showdown (very little showdown) but sometimes you got to stop dumping good money after bad.

Last edited:
F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your answer. Said like that, it makes sense, I need to think about that kind of thing while playing now ...

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand one, pre bet larger, UTG limping will mostly always call anyways but folds to CB (if he will not, be careful)

"My first thought is that these kind of player wouldn't do that unless they have a big hand, so I should fold." You don't define anywhere what kind of player SB is.

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand one, pre bet larger, UTG limping will mostly always call anyways but folds to CB (if he will not, be careful)

"My first thought is that these kind of player wouldn't do that unless they have a big hand, so I should fold." You don't define anywhere what kind of player SB is.

I have been watching some interesting videos yesterday, and one of them was saying "If there are any limpers, you need to open-bet bigger", so this follows what I'm learning, thanks !

By "these kind of players", I meant micro stakes player. At these stakes, when someone jams all-in after a bet on the river, they most likely have a very strong hand, like a set in this case. That's what I meant by that.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By "these kind of players", I meant micro stakes player. At these stakes, when someone jams all-in after a bet on the river, they most likely have a very strong hand, like a set in this case. That's what I meant by that.
Be careful with too wide generalizations. It’s true that most player are like you say, we are overly nitty for value. BUT there are many players who are overly wide in this spot too, grouping them to the same category is missing value.

If you have a read that SB is nittier type, then yes folding is good on the river imo. Multiway pot 3 way, dryish board are all good reasons to fold, but the 3bet size of SB suggest he is new to the game and so he might do very weird plays here, so I find it really hard to find fold. Typically, I would expect to lose vs AA here.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands