$2 NLHE 6-max: Where Was The Mistake On Second Barrel Or Caling All In Jam After 2nd Barrel.

L

luser94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: Where Was The Mistake On Second Barrel Or Caling All In Jam After 2nd Barrel.

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 21/15/1.9

pokerstars - ₹2 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

UTG: ₹57.81 (28.9 bb)
MP: ₹99.95 (50 bb)
CO: ₹119.30 (59.7 bb)
Hero (BTN): ₹273.04 (136.5 bb)
SB: ₹56.26 (28.1 bb)
BB: ₹201.89 (100.9 bb)

SB posts ₹1.00, BB posts ₹2.00, CO posts ₹3.00

Pre Flop: (pot: ₹6.00) Hero has :7s4: :8s4:
fold, MP calls ₹2.00, CO checks, Hero raises to ₹10.00, SB calls ₹9.00, BB calls ₹8.00, MP calls ₹8.00, fold

Flop: (₹43.00, 4 players) :as4: :3d4: :9s4:
SB checks, BB checks, MP bets ₹2.00, Hero raises to ₹18.00, fold, BB calls ₹18.00, MP calls ₹16.00

Turn: (₹97.00, 3 players) :6h4:
BB checks, MP bets ₹2.00, Hero raises to ₹78.15, BB raises to ₹173.89 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls ₹95.74

River: (₹446.78, 2 players) :4c4:

Players agreed to run it twice.

River #2: (₹446.78, 2 players) :6c4:

Results: ₹446.78 pot (₹0.00 rake)
Final Board: :as4: :3d4: :9s4: :6h4: :4c4: :6c4:

BB shows :3s4: :3h4:: (Three of a Kind, Threes)
Board #1 : (Pre 47%, Flop 73%, Turn 70%)
(Full House, Threes full of Sixes)
Board #2 : (Pre 47%, Flop 72%, Turn 70%)

Hero shows :7s4: :8s4:: (High Card, Ace)
Board #1 : (Pre 53%, Flop 27%, Turn 30%)
(One Pair, Sixes)
Board #2 : (Pre 53%, Flop 28%, Turn 30%)

BB wins ₹212.78

Please tell me, how should i play hand like middle & small suited connector better way.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Easy. When it doesn't hit, consider folding. If you have to bluff and villain comes along to shove on the turn when you got nothing, fold.

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you assume there was a mistake? Do you think every hand won was played well and every lost one played badly?
Easy. When it doesn't hit, consider folding. If you have to bluff and villain comes along to shove on the turn when you got nothing, fold.

You should learn about pot and hand odds, he would be losing a lot of money folding turn with this combo draw.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips

PokerStars - ₹2 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

fold, MP calls ₹2.00, CO checks, Hero raises to ₹10.00, SB calls ₹9.00, BB calls ₹8.00, MP calls ₹8.00, fold

SB checks, BB checks, MP bets ₹2.00, Hero raises to ₹18.00, fold, BB calls ₹18.00, MP calls ₹16.00

BB checks, MP bets ₹2.00, Hero raises to ₹78.15, BB raises to ₹173.89 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls ₹95.74

(One Pair, Sixes)

BB wins ₹212.78

Please tell me, how should i play hand like middle & small suited connector better way.

Preflop: your raising size is too small. You should raise bigger to 14-15.

Flop: I don't like raising here multiway, because you can bump into a set. Villains easily can have 99, 33, A9 and you will be in very tough spot if you raise and face a re-raise. Much better is to try to take a cheap turn card with a call.

Turn: As played, you are in the same situation. Villain's small bet doesn't make sense, however you still don't want to raise, because villain's range should be quite strong after flop call. You don't want to bet and face a re-raise, because you will be in very tough shape against villains values (33, 99, A9). You should call. In these shallow spots, consider betting with hands with no equity at all, hands that you will easily fold to re-raise. As played, your pot odds are very good and you must call it.

Overall, hand is poorly played.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the raise in the pre-flop was correct, then I would have made only the call on the flop and on the turn it was fold for me depending on the bet the villain makes, in this way I would have played this hand does not want to say that it is the right one but it's like I would have played it

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I love isolating limpers, but if a 5x raise gets 3 callers, then 87s is not the kind of hand, you want to use. In games with a lot of loose calling stations, which 2NL online will sometimes be, it is acceptable to limp behind with some hands. The last thing, you want with a suited connector, is to create a bloated multiway pot.

Flop
I love playing draws aggressively, but this was not the situation for it. Its multiway, which mean, its extremely unlikely, everyone missed and are willing to fold. This can sometimes be ok, if you have room to make a multi street play. But this pot was bloated already, and to make matters worse two players were short.

If they hit top pair or even second pair, they are going with it. If they hit a better flush draw, they are going with it. So a ton of the time, you just get your money in bad. It sucks, that MP made that silly fish bet, because he has reopened the betting for the players in the blinds. But I would just call it, and if someone put in a significant check-raise, I can sometimes find a fold. It will depend on the price, and what the other two guys do.

Turn
Other than completing your flush, this was the best possible card for you, since you now also have an OESD. Even so the situation is still kind of the same as on the flop. Two players called you, and you are playing 2NL, so how often do you really think, you can get both of them to fold? Not often enough, so just check back and try to get there on the river.

As played you have to call his check-jam. You have 15 outs to a straight or flush, and even though they are not always clean, you are mathematically priced in to call. You are getting around 4:1, which mean, you need to win 20% of the time, and even against his exact hand you are winning more than that.

Edit: Just noticed, that MP made another silly fish-bet on the turn. Then I would call that bet, and presumably BB would now have to "spring the trap" and take the initiative with his set. Depending on his bet size, you can call a lot in position with your huge draw, and then you can of course fold the river, when you brick. At the same time he is never folding a set, so you have fantastic implied odds, especially if you hit a straight, because he will never put you on that hand.

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why do you assume there was a mistake? Do you think every hand won was played well and every lost one played badly?

You should learn about pot and hand odds, he would be losing a lot of money folding turn with this combo draw.
He asked for a better way, not the most profitable way. [emoji605]

L

luser94

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
I love isolating limpers, but if a 5x raise gets 3 callers, then 87s is not the kind of hand, you want to use. In games with a lot of loose calling stations, which 2NL online will sometimes be, it is acceptable to limp behind with some hands. The last thing, you want with a suited connector, is to create a bloated multiway pot.

Flop
I love playing draws aggressively, but this was not the situation for it. Its multiway, which mean, its extremely unlikely, everyone missed and are willing to fold. This can sometimes be ok, if you have room to make a multi street play. But this pot was bloated already, and to make matters worse two players were short.

If they hit top pair or even second pair, they are going with it. If they hit a better flush draw, they are going with it. So a ton of the time, you just get your money in bad. It sucks, that MP made that silly fish bet, because he has reopened the betting for the players in the blinds. But I would just call it, and if someone put in a significant check-raise, I can sometimes find a fold. It will depend on the price, and what the other two guys do.

Turn
Other than completing your flush, this was the best possible card for you, since you now also have an OESD. Even so the situation is still kind of the same as on the flop. Two players called you, and you are playing 2NL, so how often do you really think, you can get both of them to fold? Not often enough, so just check back and try to get there on the river.

As played you have to call his check-jam. You have 15 outs to a straight or flush, and even though they are not always clean, you are mathematically priced in to call. You are getting around 4:1, which mean, you need to win 20% of the time, and even against his exact hand you are winning more than that.

Edit: Just noticed, that MP made another silly fish-bet on the turn. Then I would call that bet, and presumably BB would now have to "spring the trap" and take the initiative with his set. Depending on his bet size, you can call a lot in position with your huge draw, and then you can of course fold the river, when you brick. At the same time he is never folding a set, so you have fantastic implied odds, especially if you hit a straight, because he will never put you on that hand.

Thanks for your advice. I will surely use it.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluffing fishes in a 4-handed pot with any flush draw?

PokerStars - ₹2 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

(One Pair, Sixes)

BB wins ₹212.78

Hi there luser94, good morning, how do you do? What an excellent hand for study, I loved, thank you very much for sharing it with the CardsChat community.
First things, first: I don't love going fancy/creative at the micros. Most of times the ABC game will suit just fine. I don't care for critics either, what I care is being profitable versus weaker players than me.
What happens to many players in cash tables, is that they are not prepared to stay dozens of minutes in the table with no emotion/action. So they decide to play any hand that seems okay and then, they regreat later. Cash is a real boring game guys. It looks like more to a profession where everyday we have compromisses.
That being said, we have position. We are slightly deep stacked. We have a decent equity with 87s and many other combos from the Button. Our equity will realize in a great frequency. The vast majority of the players are weak. So, why not raise versus limpers?

Let's suppose MP limped 98s from MP, than you raise 5x and the player calls, are you okay? If you have KTo and a player limps behind you are you raising everytime?
Players who limp out of position use to be very sticky with their equities/hole cards. Sometimes, even if you make a 10x 12x preflop steal raise the player will call, this is why I prefer to raise limpers (at the micros, cash games) with hands that will have better odds postflop and 87s is not one of them (like I said it can easily be dominated by 98s).
Besides all of it, you saw that there was a player with a broken stack in the SB, that could call your raise versus limper, no matter price. When SB calls, BB will feel it has odds and the MP limper as well. Odds for calling and odds for Squeezing/Shoving.
I don't love playing "hands", "ranges", "mathematics", only: I love playing versus the human being, like myself, so I will look forward information. If I don't have safe information of what SB and BB are going to do, 87s and many other suited combos is a preflop fold. (at the micros, only).

High Variance Spot

Now my friend, you raised 5x and got SB, BB and MP involved in the han! Do we have room for exploitation here? Even when we have AA, KK and AKs in a spot like this, it sucks! How can we expect to hit a good equity versus 3 other players? How can we expect to make 3 bad players to fold postflop when we miss?
Many times you are going to hit your trips/straight/flush and be coolered because this is a reverse implied odds by its own nature.

The contrary is totally valid: If you raised limper 5x and SB folds, BB calls and MP folds you have a completely different scenario where you have tons of equity+position to make almost anything you want.
In this example we are heads-up, in position, with a pretty decent equity versus a recreational player (wonderful!).
Avoid multi-way-pots (3-handed, 4-handed pots).
When you raise flop with your flush draw and get called do you have any hopes? BB called a very big raise and MP comes along.
The pot was already out of control because you raised 5x preflop and got 3 callers (5 times 4 equals to 20 blinds). Then you go and bets 1/2 pot in the dark, because you didn't know your opponents where going to call you. Did you?
We simply cannot play 100% of our draws with so much pressure as this. A draw is nothing but a hand that MAYBE will realize its equity turn/river. We are investing and assuming too much by betting so strong here.
Versus so many players I would simply call the ludicrous bet MP made because I have equity for so doing (I don't have any hopes I can make fishes to fold) and fold to a larger bet even when I hit the flush (it is just a flush that could be coolered by T6s for example.
I hope it helps you :D Have a nice day

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer more passive approach on flop and later streets.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to re-iterate on points already made. A common adjustment to the table should be your own aggression factor. If the table is making the mistake of calling too much then you can make the adjustment of being more passive with your drawing hands since your bets have less fold equity and when you hit they will still likely make the mistake of calling too much, only this time they are calling when you have it instead of calling while you are still drawing. If the table was more nitty and folding a lot then more aggression may be warranted. Although when the flop goes this multi way you don't want to make a habit of firing multiple bets with 8 high.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't really like playing preflop. One player has already entered the game and a single-suited connector is not very suitable for isolation. I would rather play a call, because After us there are 2 more players and a multipot can be created, and 67s play very well in small multipots. Even a preflop fold would look better. If no one before us did not enter the game, then of course a raise to steal the blinds

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and 67s play very well in small multipots.

Actually it does not. Its a hand, that often need to bluff, because its 7 high, and its difficult to bluff in a multiway pot. Its also a hand, that often get into flush over flush situations multiway, or it makes two pair on a board, where someone has a straight, etc. So typically its a hand, you should raise or fold, and in this spot its completely fine to just fold. People love these small suited connectors, because they look so pretty, but the cold facts are, nobody actually makes money with them. If you think otherwise, then check your database, if you are an online player.

P

Plaza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with the Preflop raise on the button, although with an extra BB&SB dead money, you could make it 12 possibly 14 to go.

On the flop with 4 players still involved it’s a check all day long. Depending on the bet on the flop would depend if I carry on with this hand. It’s already been said, you are not sure if your small flush, should it hit, actually be the best hand anyway, so for this reason I want to see the next card for the minimum amount. If it gets raised at any point on the flop it’s a simple fold.
The turn is the same, check call if you have the odds to and fold to any raise.
The river is a check fold when you miss. The chances of getting a bluff through based on that board and multi-way are almost zero.
There’s nothing wrong Preflop at all abeit a bit more of a raise. But once you pick up 3 callers, you proceed with caution and that includes if you have AA to!

Best O Luck

Plaza