$2 NLHE 6-max: What do you think, call or fold?

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon everyone, this is a hand that most of the time I fold, on a bet on the 150bb river, the chance that the villain will have a full house is very high.
I heard on the twitch an excellent Mtts player, saying that paying attention to the villain's nick can help you make a decision, he said that usually nicknames with a lot of numerals or a lot of letters, are for recreational play, of course this is not a rule and you have to evaluate each case.
The reason for my call was because of this player's nick:
hero AKo
flop Qh Kc Kd
I made a 30% bet and villain raise, at that moment I believe he has K, and I thought about AK, KJo, I don't think he will raise with KQ, I think about raising.
turn 3s
hero check and villain check
river 2h
villain All in of $ 2.94 in a pot of $ 0.59, in that hand I spent the entire time bank, it's a hand of SB vs BB, and I played a pre-flop call, to hide my strength and in that limit, no it will surprise me the villain sampling a K2 or K3o, I thought, and went on the call because of the nick. 1234567891 ??

Attachments

• trinca vs trinca no cash  AK vs K9 parte 1.jpg
    trinca vs trinca no cash AK vs K9 parte 1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 19
  • trinca vs trinca no cash  AK vs K9 parte 2,1.jpg
    trinca vs trinca no cash AK vs K9 parte 2,1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 19
F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t pay attention to a player's nick... ever. His oversize bet make me call here without a doubt

zaratras

zaratras

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A full house will raise for value. This is more a bluff. So I would call.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This a call 100% of the time, you shouldn't be folding trips here based on the action ever...
When you get raised on the flop its unlikely villain has QQ as that is a 3bet hand.
KQs is also 3 bet at a high frequency, so that leaves KQo that you are losing too.
With you holding a K yourself that leaves only 3 combos of KQo I believe that beat you.
Villain has more combos of Kx that you all beat. JT is also in villains range for bluffs.
Don't mind the flop call rather than a raise for deception, turn check is also a little too trappy for my liking. It basically means villain has to do something spewy for you get their whole stack.
You even said your checking to hide your strength of the hand, so when you take that line, you simply must never ever fold trips with top kicker.
Yes you lose to K2 and k3 as well but you cannot have this mindset of always seeing what hands that beat you.
And I never pay attention to a players nickname, rely on hud stats for information rather than a nickname.
Cheers and good luck

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call definitely. He has so many worse hands and just few stronger.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is for me an easy call, the only hand with which you would lose that hand is if the opponent had QQ the other combinations do not seem possible.
I think that a player's Nick has no relation to his game but I respect all opinions

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would definitely 3-bet AK blind vs. blind. You are leaving a lot of money on the table by getting into this tricky-trappy game, and you are also setting yourself up to get coolered and potentially lose a big pot. If he fold to the 3-bet, thats a totally fine outcome. You win a 4BB pot assuing a 3BB raise from him, which is more, than AK is going to win on average.

Flop
Definitely betting for value on this board, but I think, just 30% pot is leaving money at the table at 2NL. When he check-raise you, I would just call though, since he can certainly have QQ or KQ, and I want to keep his bluffing range alive.

Turn
Turn is a complete brick, and he check to you. Its always a little weird, when someone takes this line. Is he slowing down with a draw or trying to go for a dubble check-raise? However there are so few combos, you lose to (3 KQ and 3 QQ), so I would put in a bet for value and protection.

River
Another blank and now he blast all in for 5-6 times the pot. I dont think, 33 or 22 check-raise the flop. So you still only lose to those 6 combos of KQ and QQ, which had you coolered the whole time. Maybe some K3 or K2 as well, but those hands are quite unlikely, that he raised preflop. Ranges are wide blind vs. blind, so I think, you have to close your eyes and call it off.

Results
No idea what he was doing with K9, but it just goes to show, why you cant fold a hand this high in your range to a line, that makes little sense, and especially not at 2NL. If he has it, he has it, and then you just reload and play on.

Folding in Poker