Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Leveling Wars, Episode I: The Fish Menace

https://www.boomplayer.com/32694609_DA450F3227
idk how to play vs this kind of aggressive player. I think that he bet pot to block flush 4 cards ? But its thats right move i really dont know

Hello there komar125, thank you for sharing your hand. Lemme try to help you.

The Preflop

I like to raise from the SB vs EP limpers with the top of my range AT+ we are always raising and the sizing seems fine too, 3 blinds + 1 blind per limper.
BB calls, UTG folds and we go for a heads-up out of position.

the postflop

The Flop

We are out of position, and given that we are stealing from the SB with a high frequency, the default move, with all of our range is to be checking this flop 95%, except in very specific scenarios we are going to c-bet here.
95% of times we are checking here AA, 99, 44, A9, A4, 94 we don't have now because we don't use this trash to steal oop vs EP, AT+, all the pocket pairs, (22-AA), our Straight Draws, our flush draws and our made flushes.
It happens that BB is trying to represent something it doesn't have right now: first we have the ace removal, second, if BB had better aces than us it would be 3-betting here more than calling, to isolate the broken stack players from EP plus play in position versus Hero/SB.
If BB flopped -1% of times a made flush on the flop, betting 100% doesn't make any sense, because it would be an easy fold for our Kx, Qx, Jx, and sometimes some weak pocket pairs.
If BB had any made hand such as two pair or sets they could/should be scared out of the flush and also should be checking.
I guess here we are on the top of our range, considering SB x BB, and we should call, although it is not a happy call, because we know these players are frequently turning value hands into bluffs, no matter board context.

The Turn

A brick 5c, we don't see our entire range change very much and we should check here since BB has position and already invested a great deal on the pot. Villain goes for 100% Pot again and to me this is a very hard decision, if I have no information of the player I am probably folding, or if I have recent statistics I can call, if I saw Villain spewying chips over the table and getting into rivers with apples, bananas and carrots that Villain might understand for value.
If it is a NIT I fold simply 100% of times, because I have no odds to call versus a player who has no bluffs on its postflop, and even preflop range and against a TAG I am calling 50% of times and folding 50% of times depending on the Tight, how more aggressive postflop more I am inclined to call and how more passive postflop the Tight is I am more inclined to fold.

The River

We complete a trips, but this hand will only have value depending on the Villain you are facing, because trips here are never good versus NITs, because when they bet this river they will have AJ+, 55, 44 and 99, and sometimes the flush. Against a Passive Tight the same story, much more values when it triple barrels than bluffs and against LAGs, TAGs it is okay to be balancing between calling and folding this river.
If you defined the player type and acted upon this analytical decision through river, congratulations, no matter the result/fish showdown.
When the opponent is way too aggressive there is no reason at all to be raising it, because it might leave its bluffs/dominated value hands, instead, if we allow the aggressive player to bluff it will keep putting chips on the pot and on the river we force it to make a wrong decision many times by going all-in, forcing it to continue only with the top of its range or call "to see" if we had it, and most of the times we will have it.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vs unknown I'd probablly fold tbh with no heart but maybe I'm too nitty..just because your range is MUCH narrower than a normal bvb spot so you're not so high up in your range. .if I knew he was an aggro fish yeah calling all day long

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pot betting all three streets with top pair no kicker on a monotone board is obviously very fishy. Against any sort of normal opponent AT is not good here the majority of the time, and you should get away. This is 2NL at its finest. When you move up, even the fish will usually not be this bad.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I play here differently this hand. I prefer playing more pre flop to one limper. We have bigger stack than limper and I prefer arm-twisting on smaller stack. So I isolate 5-6x pre flop, because we are OOP and is hard play OOP. If opponent defends big blind to our raise for 5-6x, on that flop I play cbet at least 50% of the pot. I want to have initiative in this situation. If on the turn and on the river come up heart card I probably give up our top pair. As played - when you check on the flop opponent can think that you afraid something or he can think that you have flush draw, so he decided to protect usually his top pair and he plays big bets. I conclusion I prefer playing aggressively, because I want to have initiative in this hand with top pair.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played very well against this aggressive V, but the T is probably not a good top pair protection kicker. In micro-limits you may find yourself against rivals who do this to you with AK; AQ; sets, etc most of the time. Against this kicker you will be defeated 38% of the time with better kickers, which you will probably find more often in micro stakes.
Greetings.