Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $0.54 (27 bb)
MP: $2.04 (102 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.13 (107 bb)
BU: $2.54 (127 bb)
SB: $2.01 (101 bb)
BB: $2.09 (105 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 9 A
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN 3-bets to $0.16, SB calls $0.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.50) Q A 7 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.24, SB folds, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.98) Q (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48

River: ($1.94) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.66 (all-in), CO (Hero) folds

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open and standard defend against his small sizing. You could mix in a 4-bet bluff from time to time, but at 2NL thats probably a bit to fancy.

Flop
Standard defend.

Turn
Unless you think, this guy is very bluffy, I would strongly consider folding now. You still lose to AX with a better kicker, and now you also lose to QX. Moreover its a very dry board, so its difficult for him to be on a draw, which probably mean, his range is skewed more towards made hands and value.

River
I think, he is very unlikely to be bluffing, so I like your decision to fold. I just think, you could have saved some money by making that fold already on the turn.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open and standard defend against his small sizing. You could mix in a 4-bet bluff from time to time, but at 2NL thats probably a bit to fancy.

Flop
Standard defend.

Turn
Unless you think, this guy is very bluffy, I would strongly consider folding now. You still lose to AX with a better kicker, and now you also lose to QX. Moreover its a very dry board, so its difficult for him to be on a draw, which probably mean, his range is skewed more towards made hands and value.

River
I think, he is very unlikely to be bluffing, so I like your decision to fold. I just think, you could have saved some money by making that fold already on the turn.

Overall correct thought process. Being said that, i would lean towards 4bet or fold pre flop, for exact run out we got. Since we have so many inverted implied odds and it will be difficult to play oop even if we flop reasonably as we did.
Now about 4bet, i mostly would choose this to 4bet. if sb is massive station or basically dead money in the pot.'
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

EDIT: somehow missed your notes that you could 4bet too. anyway seems like you are crushing at whatever you play, GOOD LUCK!
If you play mtts we could prob figure a way to do a review session, let me know

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: standard open, but fold vs 3bet. There are no dynamics in nl2 and often the player pool 3bets for value. Also, you will be OOP postflop and the 2.6x sizing usually means a monster. Being multi-way postflop just makes it easier to fold vs 3bet.

F: as played, standard check/call.

T: as played, standard check/call due to small sizing. Any bigger and you can start to think about check/folding.

R: as played, standard check/fold. Very rarely is this a bluff.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Fold on River. Very high probability we are beat.

Weak Ace highs have the worst reverse implied odds in 3-bet and 4-bet pot.