$2 NLHE 6-max: Value bet river or check behind?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $7.51 (376 bb)
CO: $3.43 (172 bb)
BU (Hero): $9.25 (463 bb)
SB: $1.37 (69 bb)
BB: $1.80 (90 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A K
1 fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, 2 players fold, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39) 6 Q T (2 players)
CO bets $0.19, Hero calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.77) A (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.26, CO calls $0.26

River: ($1.29) 3 (2 players)
CO checks, Hero…?

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You hold a blocker to KJ, but that hand probably gets raised on the turn and/or bet on the river. I'm not a big fan of the heuristics like "TPTK is a two streets of value hand" but in this specific case, I tend to agree. The nightmare scenario is getting check/raised on the river and having to fold a big hand. If villain is holding a missed draw you won't get any value from it anyway, and if villain is a competent player you might even get bluffed of this hand sometimes. There's a case to be made that you can target Axs but in a 3-bet pot you won't find all that many combo's and AQs and ATs even beat you. I think checking behind is the best play here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard 3-bet.

Flop
I am definitely not folding to this donk bet, since you beat his draws, and you have good equity against most made hands as well. At the same time I feel, your hand is to in between to raise, so just calling is perfect, lets see a turn.

Turn
You improved to top pair, and he slows down and check. Maybe he could be planning a check-raise here now and then, but I think, its more likely, he has a draw or a weak made hand like KQ, QJ or A5 of clubs. So I would bet for value now, which you do, but I would go larger than this. Maybe like 45c and then look to check back a lot of rivers.

River
As played I would go for another small value bet. I think, its very unlikely, you are beat, and whenever we think, we have the best hand, we should strongly consider betting it for value. I dont think, you should go very big, but now it works in your favour, that you bet small on the turn, because that allow you to do the same on the river without it looking weird or weak. Maybe I bet 49c to make it look like a bargain, he cant refuse :)

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: standard.

F: call.

T: bet bigger to 67-75% pot.

R: as played, check-back.