Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
villain 25/17/3
365 hands
ft3bet 69%

I chose to just flat QQ in the bb vs utg given villains opening range and fold to 3bet with these positions. I turn top set and raise and get a call and the river completes the flush and AA gets there. Are there worse hands that can call a shove ?

cheers.

Hero (BB): $7.03 (351.5 bb)
UTG: $2.68 (134 bb)
MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $2.11 (105.5 bb)
BTN: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $4.32 (216 bb)

SB posts $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q Q
fold, MP raises to $0.06, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13, 2 players) 7 3 9
Hero checks, MP bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.31, 2 players) Q
Hero checks, MP bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.40

River: ($1.51, 2 players) A
Hero ?

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably play bet/fold.
Don't think shove is a good idea as his 77 and 99 should be only partially here (He might have shoved turn after your check-raise). So what hands would call?
I'd like to see other responses though.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his line looks like sets or overpairs(TT+)
as played push or check to to induce push
only AA beat us

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
his line looks like sets or overpairs(TT+)
as played push or check to to induce push
only AA beat us

Villain can certainly have some big combo draws as well such as 9s8s TsJs.Had the river come the Ad Ah Ac i think those are great cards to jam on as villain now has top pair with all the Ax flush draws. But after reviewing the hand i just think the As is such a bad river for us regardless of the outcome. I dont think check calling is a good option here though as all worse hands check back and all better hands shove. So if im checking it's to check fold or im jamming for value because villain doesn't have any air to shove the river with in this spot imo.

Last edited:
R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any reason for not 3betting preflop?

River is a fun spot after he flats the x/r OTT. I just wonder if he 3b/jams there with 77/99 every time and calls AA/KK/AQ along with his flush draws.

We block Qs and the board blocks both the 9s and the As which is great. Something like KJss, KTss, JTss, 78ss in his range?

I can't really say with any certainty what the best river play is. If he's the kind of person to never make it to the river with 77/99 with this line (always putting stacks in on the turn) and will always fold 2pairs, KK and Qx then betting is probably out of the question. If you think he calls KK and other underpairs + two pairs a decent amount of the time vs a certain size then 100% bet whatever that size is, however small it may be. He folds too often vs jams imo.

Vs the player pool I would probably bet on the smaller side on the river and expect enough calls from worse for it to be okay.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Once in a while you will meet a flush on the river or AA. More likely you will meet two pairs, lower sets, and KK. I think a low bet on the river is your best option for value. You will almost always get shoved at in response by worse and better cards. I don't think you can fold.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd take the river with the Ah and the doppers and the sets. I see no reason to be afraid of flash draw, as the Board is actually not as scary as it seems. The opponent is quite aggressive and loose. Here you can play all-in at once, can be provoked to push a thin velyu-bet in a third of sweat. Depends on whether the villain is able to push the top pair

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is certainly an awkward river, but its kind of difficult for him to have a flush with the A on the board and the Q in our hand, when he opened from that position. Even JT is kind of a loose open, so the only flush combo, which is surely in his range, is KJ.

The theoretical correct play might be to go for a blocker style bet like 1/4 pot, but are we bet-folding, because we put him on exactly AA or KJ of spades? I dont think so, and I also dont think, we induce a lot of bluffs by betting small.

So especially at 2NL I would just close my eyes and ship it. For sure he will at least call with AQ and sets, if he did not 3-bet them on the turn, so a ship is clearly +EV, and there is no headache about what to do, if we get raised.

However I dont really like the passive line, we took preflop and on the flop. Yeah maybe he fold a lot to 3-bets, but QQ will be facing overcards on the flop half the time, so the hand benefit quite a lot from denying equity and just taking it down especially out of position.

As played our hand is super underrepped on the flop, so I would probably check-raise the flop rather than give him a chance to spike a nice little A or K on the turn for free.

Last edited: