$2 NLHE 6-max: TT in BB 4Bet Pot Line Check Please

G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like calling a 4bet made from the button is ok? And I don't hate my turn actions with the diamond draw. But would like any constructive criticism here. Thanks.

CO: 123 BB
BTN: 111 BB
SB: 267 BB
Hero (BB): 109.5 BB
UTG: 110 BB
MP: 112 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T T

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 13.5 BB, BTN raises to 27.5 BB, Hero calls 14 BB

Flop: (55.5 BB, 2 players) 4 9 J
Hero checks, BTN bets 18.5 BB, Hero calls 18.5 BB

Turn: (92.5 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, BTN bets 65 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 63.5 BB and is all-in

River: (219.5 BB, 2 players) 9

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In preflop you can raise to 4x since they are not playing with very deep stacks. However 4.5x is part of that limit and we expect an open V to fold an acceptable amount of time, when we represent a more closed range.
Min 4-bet in this sequence is indicative of a range with a tendency to polarization, so calling that size is acceptable.
On the flop it is correct to call that bet size. Obviously we are targeting AQ and AK for villain's range, otherwise folding the flop is the closest option when BU can only have hands that beat us.
The culminating part of the hand is without a doubt the turn for me. Now we need more than 40% equity to profitably call. And I honestly don't think we'll get to that, even if we face an open BU. Since we are below better draws and we could also be drawing dead.
Greetings.

Last edited:
G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In preflop you can raise to 4x since they are not playing with very deep stacks. However 4.5x is part of that limit and we expect an open V to fold an acceptable amount of time, when we represent a more closed range.
Min 4-bet in this sequence is indicative of a range with a tendency to polarization, so calling that size is acceptable.
On the flop it is correct to call that bet size. Obviously we are targeting AQ and AK for villain's range, otherwise folding the flop is the closest option when BU can only have hands that beat us.
The culminating part of the hand is without a doubt the turn for me. Now we need more than 40% equity to profitably call. And I honestly don't think we'll get to that, even if we face an open BU. Since we are below better draws and we could also be drawing dead.
Greetings.

Thank you. I have been 3-betting pre too small. I'm adjusting.

I won't pretend that I'm currently capable of making really exact equity calculations in real time, but since reading you're response I've crunched some ranges.

Even if I give villain a strong'ish range of 99+, AQs+,AKo then I still have 42% equity.

If his range here is even wider and he's drawing to a straight then the turn doesn't help him. The diamond may have also given him a flush draw and he's shoving here as a semi-bluff.

I appreciate your comment. I should probably have calculated my equity there before posting the hand. Your comment inspired me to do so. I am working on my study habits as well.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: readless flat vs BU's 3x open. If we 3bet OOP, then make it 4x.

As played (3bet), yes call vs min-4bet. We don't like it (playing hit-or-miss in massive pot OOP), but we are priced in.

Villain's 3x open and min-4bet are both weird.

F: as played, check/evaluate. I don't know what to do when villain bets this small. We have difficult decisions when we bloat pots OOP pre with medium strength hands. I guess both calling and folding are ok, but turn will have an SPR of <1 if we call.

T: as played, check/fold. Villain has shown strength on every street, even though his bet-sizings are weird.

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you. I have been 3-betting pre too small. I'm adjusting.

I won't pretend that I'm currently capable of making really exact equity calculations in real time, but since reading you're response I've crunched some ranges.

Even if I give villain a strong'ish range of 99+, AQs+,AKo then I still have 42% equity.

If his range here is even wider and he's drawing to a straight then the turn doesn't help him. The diamond may have also given him a flush draw and he's shoving here as a semi-bluff.

I appreciate your comment. I should probably have calculated my equity there before posting the hand. Your comment inspired me to do so. I am working on my study habits as well.

I honestly don't do exact equity calculations in real time either. I am glad that my comment serves for well.
I think the AQ and AK combos are eliminated a lot and only a few that have certain odds continue mostly, like nut flush draws and top pairs (AA / KK / QQ). Obviously FH de Jacks is a perfect fit in a 4-bet pot.
Bear in mind that if V is of a very wide range, the eliminations that occur in the combos: ATdd and AJdd; KJdd; QJdd. Are not good, since that unlocks a greater number off combinations that defeat us. Not to mention a few small flushes that might have made it for V, like 78dd and 67dd. Although we win It, but we shouldn't think about that when evaluating turn hero call.

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend going all in preflop here. Broadway pairs have you crushed regardless but all in preflop will get max value from under pairs and AK AQ AJ callers as well.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like calling a 4bet made from the button is ok? And I don't hate my turn actions with the diamond draw. But would like any constructive criticism here. Thanks.

CO: 123 BB
BTN: 111 BB
SB: 267 BB
Hero (BB): 109.5 BB
UTG: 110 BB
MP: 112 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T T

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 13.5 BB, BTN raises to 27.5 BB, Hero calls 14 BB

Flop: (55.5 BB, 2 players) 4 9 J
Hero checks, BTN bets 18.5 BB, Hero calls 18.5 BB

Turn: (92.5 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, BTN bets 65 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 63.5 BB and is all-in

River: (219.5 BB, 2 players) 9

Thank you for posting

Player pool tendency data can help us refine ranges for unknown V.

The tendencies we are looking for here are small 4 bet pre ranges for our player pool?
Fold frequencies in 4 bet pots? Would your V expect a standard V to fold QQ on the river?
Have you seen them be solid agg in any hands?
Have you seen them make thin value bets?
Have you seen them check strong non nut hands on the river IP for showdown

At this level of play standard play is for player pool to call too often-might that data point influence this players decision to shove river? Do they expect to be called?

Hope this helps
:):)