2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.05, 2 players fold, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) 4 7 A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.19) 9 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, BB calls $0.06

River: ($0.31) 6 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB folds

--------------------------------------------------
I'm wondering what you think of this hand. My thought process during the hand was that I have all the aces and sets that I also try to get three streets of value from. While villains range is most likely capped at some of the sets, bad aces and weak pairs.

Since I'm betting so much for value I can also bluff a lot. With QJo being around the bottom of my open range, it seemed like a decent candidate to triple barrel with.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold pre flop
larger turn
give up river

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run at 2NL I believe you will lose more money playing a hand this way than you would winning. Flop and turn bets are fine for me depending on villain (you would need a villain that floats but folds to double barrels often) but if you are going to bet there I think it should be more, at least more on the turn. I would normally give up on river although if you are going to be on river I think a larger sizing is better as certain villains will buy that you might have A6 and are trying to get value out of other Axs. This worked for you this time, this hand against this villain but I dont think this will work enough of the time to be profitable because when you are correct villain will fold you are only getting two small bets but the times you are wrong and villain has something you are losing a large bet on the river.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only bet turn here vs villains who have a notably high float flop/fold to T bet frequency. The cbet is totally fine, but the main question is which turns do we mainly want to double barrel on, personally I would only continue to fire on K/10 turns where we add equity when the texture is this dry. My guess is that when villain calls flop he is mostly calling turn so we are basically just betting 1/3 pot into the abyss with our only option for winning this pot being a large river bet (which you opted for). Once we are called twice, I really lean towards just giving up river because villain will just disproportionately have Ax and disproportionately not be able to fold it because its 2NL.

B

bubbyboy123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
the best hand seems bluffy

queen high proably beat him anyways lol but what about triple barreling till the chips are almost all in on the river and they raise all in with only half bb ,do you still call ? :rolleyes::eek:

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played it well and it worked. I would bet a little more on the turn, but I like the pot sized bet on the river to get a smaller pair to fold. I don’t think it works that often but your reasoning makes sense.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop and turn bets are ok. Turn is villain dependent. But river is a give up, as 7, 6 and 9 are all in your opponent's range. There's a lot of common 2 pair combos they could have there, along w/ Ax that they decide not to fold.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I think on the turn you should go for overbet, to make villain fold 2nd pairs and worse. I don't think you achieve a lot by such a small bet on the turn. As played, if you bet on the river, you should bet smaller to target 2nd pairs and weaker. T8 got there, so if you want to bluff big, you should rather have T in your hand.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How i think about this hand? First player betting with nothing and second one calling with nothing.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm wondering what you think of this hand. My thought process during the hand was that I have all the aces and sets that I also try to get three streets of value from. While villains range is most likely capped at some of the sets, bad aces and weak pairs.

Since I'm betting so much for value I can also bluff a lot. With QJo being around the bottom of my open range, it seemed like a decent candidate to triple barrel with.

The open is a bit loose, the cbet is fine - BDSD + OC. You can barrel the turn and fold out some floats such as BW hands that had BDSD + BDFD and maybe x4 and x7 hands. Your third bullet was kind of optimistic.