UTG: $0.77 (38.5 bb)
MP: $2.04 (102 bb)
CO: $1.85 (92.5 bb)
Hero (BTN): $3.20 (160 bb)
SB: $2.28 (114 bb)
BB: $4.39 (219.5 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K J
fold, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.25, 2 players) J 3 2
CO checks, Hero bets $0.17, CO calls $0.17

Turn: ($0.59, 2 players) 9
CO checks, Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

River: ($1.39, 2 players) 5
CO checks, Hero bets $2.53 and is all-in
CO has $1.18 left behind to call off

Last edited:
G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play predominately live low stakes, so maybe there is a difference, but for me, its hard for even the most fish of fish to call off with worse here on the river. I get the logic though, a passive station doesn't want to bet it with his A9, but can't lay it down either. If I think this V is a really bad station, I might bet 2/3 pot for value, but I would mostly check it back.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kinda thin, but I'm good with this. The board ran out well for our hand. If our opponent was more aggressive, I think I'd prefer checking back the turn. But knowing what we do, this is fine.

PS - You don't have TPTK. That would be AJ.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check the river. he would not call with unimproved hand

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop and turn are good spots for double barrels. But considering how passive he is at 33/0, I would check the river for pot control IP. We have TPGK and don't want to shove representing a set against unconfirmed fish.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo river is very thin but ok, he has played only one hand out of 3 so mostly I would prefer checking river.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally believe that the hand was well played maybe the only thing I would have done was for the opponent's information I would have checked on the turn to see his movement and have full control of this hand.

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the line was good, but on the river I would have made a more shallow value bet. Something in the one third ball park. As mentioned, V wouldn't call with an unimproved hand, which would likely have you beat.

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like how you played it, preflop, flop and turn. The river depends on how fishy the guy is, how likely he is to call the river bet with Jx. Personally, I would've gone with a smaller sizing like 1/2p, but I don't mind your play.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at the same tables as you do and I'm guessing he had a low connector. I'm basing this on the fact that he wasn't 200bb when he started and called $0.02 behind someone else pre-flop. Those two things are usually a dead ringer for a medium-low connector on those tables. So that 5 on the river is a scare card and I wouldn't have bet the river. He could have a lot of two pairs and straights at that point and the pot is big enough for a nice little win.

Last edited:
R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shoving the river is fine. He has some worse Jx. Against someone who is more aggresive, I would check/call the river to let him bluff with missed draws.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the line. V should never have AJ here. Limp / calling 10x pre with J9 seems super fishy too. Just like we have no reads he also has no reads. We may fold out hands like KJ if V is tight which is good. We may get called by QJ or JT who decide that we missed the FD if V is loose and fishy. I would probably have sized down on the river to try to get crying calls from weaker hands but at that point we are never folding anyway and V has less than a PSB left so I'm ok with going for it. Only hand that it makes sense that we lose to is a set. Nice hand.

T

Topodemar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is really difficult to say with just 3 hands, but I normally have here two approaches:

1. Play flop and turn as you did and then check the river (for pot control and because it is NL2 and people would play monsters the way the Villain did).

2. The maybe less orthodox way. I like to check behind the turn to call most of the river bets for pot control. I don't think your J with K as kicker is strong enough for a 3-barrels. In addition, the fishes in NL2 most of the time try to bluff on the river those spots.