$2 NLHE 6-max: TPGK on wet board vs possible fish, best line ?

Live2Raise

Live2Raise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $1.87 (93.5 bb)
SB: $3.11 (155.5 bb)
Hero (BB): $4.11 (205.5 bb)
UTG: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
MP: $2.02 (101 bb)
CO: $1.35 (67.5 bb)

SB posts $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has :as4: :qc4:
2 folds, CO raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13, 2 players) :ks4: :7s4: :ad4:
Hero checks, CO bets $0.07, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.53, 2 players) :10s4:
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.53, 2 players) :kd4:
Hero checks, CO bets $0.26, Hero ?

V is a possible fish since he has only 67.5bb. I used to 3bet here but I didn't want him to throw his stack have to call with AQo so I cold instead.

OTF : I flop TPGK, I let him bet and I chose a XR (I should have gone bigger like 3.5x as right now he needs only 25% eq to call) because I really didn't want to see any new cards and I wanted him to pay for his draws. I felt like calling would leave me with a problem if the turn comes any spade or K.

OTT : The flush hit and while I don't see him with many (I block all AX of spade) on the turn since he called OTF, he can have me beat and my hand is not the best so I go into XC mode. I'd rather lose a street of value than bet, get shoved into and not know where I'm at.

OTR : He didn't bet the turn so I don't see a flush or a better A here. He rarely has a K as I don't see him calling with a K on an A high flop apart from K7... which he probably jams on the flop...

Should I raise or call ? I don't see a fold as a good option since he calmed on the turn and is betting pretty small here...

I don't bet because the only thing calling here is a K or a slowplayed flush and decide to let him bluff. I called and he ended up having 88 so I labelled a fish for sure but I never saw that in his range.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played. Calling is good because a weaker hand won't pay, and a stronger hand will raise for value. I like 3-bet preflop out of position and check-raise big on the flop. But I like this line of action, and it shows the pot's control strategy.

Live2Raise

Live2Raise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really prefer to 3bet OOP in this spot but they will jam PF when they are shortstacked and I don't feel like calling with AQo.

I know that usually when they jam with a shortstack, it's often done with non-premium hands but I also feel that this is high-variance since unless he shoves a weaker A or Q, we are usually no more than 70% favorite and I don't think he shoves 72o.

Also no idea why the third card doesn't show, but it's an A of diamond.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I understand yours opinion about not 3betting pre flop. I don't think so that fish will go allin pre flop with weak hand. Usually he will call your 3bet pre flop with weaker hand. So I think better to be aggressive pre flop than passive. This time you win this hand, but when you only defend bb with AQo, sometimes weaker player can hit something strong with weaker hands. GL :)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand was well played, only I would have raised a little higher on the flop, I thought it was the only thing that would have acted differently.