$2 NLHE 6-max: tpgk squeeze pot.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
seemed like a reasonable squeeze spot any thoughts please.

cheers.

mp
31/24/9
ft3b 67% 2/3
108 hands

btn
25/19/8

Hero (SB): $2.14 (107 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)
UTG: $1.53 (76.5 bb)
MP: $3.23 (161.5 bb)
CO: $2.26 (113 bb)
BTN: $2.00 (100 bb)

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: K:club:
fold, MP raises to $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, MP calls $0.24, fold

Flop: ($0.68, 2 players) 3:spade: 5:club: K:spade:
Hero bets $0.20, MP raises to $0.73, Hero calls $0.53

Turn: ($2.14, 2 players) 7:club:
Hero checks, MP bets $2.07, Hero calls $1.11 and is all-in

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop I would squeeze here with KQs, but KQo is just a fold. SB is the worst seat at the table, and he is not opening from late position, so its ok to play pretty tight and simply let good but not great hands like this one go.

Postflop I dont see, how you can get away given the low SPR, the draw heavy board and the fact, he really should not have all that many hands, that beat you. I would probably just rip it on the flop, when he raise you, to commit his draws.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since this hand in playing cash and losing a buy-in will not affect our participation in the game, I think you did everything right. You shouldn't let the "lag" bite your stack, I'm happy with how you reraised preflop. But it was necessary to put a little less, think 30 cents is too much.
I looked at your twitch a bit, I think you are playing a too narrow range for 6 max tables. If it was 9max, I would agree with your spectrum, but for 6 max this is too tight.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this hand in playing cash and losing a buy-in will not affect our participation in the game, I think you did everything right. You shouldn't let the "lag" bite your stack, I'm happy with how you reraised preflop. But it was necessary to put a little less, think 30 cents is too much.
I looked at your twitch a bit, I think you are playing a too narrow range for 6 max tables. If it was 9max, I would agree with your spectrum, but for 6 max this is too tight.

Im playing a pretty standard Tag range for 6 max.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You shouldn't let the "lag" bite your stack, I'm happy with how you reraised preflop.

I assume, you are referring to the HUD-stats here, which were VPIP 31 / PFR 24 over 109 hands. One of the biggest pitfalls of using a HUD is overinterpretation based on insignificant sample sizes.

Basically the difference between PFR 24 and PFR 19 over this sample size is only 5-6 hands, and someone can easily just run a bit hot and pick up 5-6 more playable hand over a sample of 109 than normal.

There is also the chance, that perhaps some of the 109 hands were collected at a table, that was not full, or someone was sitting out. And then PFR 24 might be completely normal TAG stats.

So this is not a situation, where we need to go "OMG this guy is completely out of line, I am going to come after him!!!!" We are better off just playing solid standard ranges, until he have a much larger sample on him.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Preflop I would squeeze here with KQs, but KQo is just a fold."

I agree with this. Something that has been helping me to have a more effective 3 bet or call range is to really focus in not just on my position and my hold cards, but to look at the position of the pre flop raiser and to adjust based on what their default opening range is going to be. Prevents some difficult post flop situations.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is also the chance, that perhaps some of the 109 hands were collected at a table, that was not full, or someone was sitting out. And then PFR 24 might be completely normal TAG stats.

Probably, the statistics of 109 hands is really insignificant for drawing up a portrait. :) But do you propose to throw QKo in 6max? This is too tight a game, in any case we have to play on the flop, either through a call or through a reraise.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
109 hands is to little sample to widen your range. Better to 3Bet buff pre w suited hands then you can get away postflop if villain really had god hand. Now you will be dominated.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably, the statistics of 109 hands is really insignificant for drawing up a portrait. :) But do you propose to throw QKo in 6max? This is too tight a game, in any case we have to play on the flop, either through a call or through a reraise.

Well we just have to agree to disagree on that one then. Because yes I really do mean, that when someone open with 4 players left to act, and we have the worst position on the table, and we have to call 5 times more, than we already posted, then KQo is actually just a fold as a default.

If we have some special reason, why we really want to get involved, like the cold caller is a huge fish, then maybe I can get on board with just flatting and knowingly putting myself out of position. But as a default I just dump it and look forward to have BTN in the next hand. Position is just as important in poker as your cards.