$2 NLHE 6-max: Top Two Pair vs Straight

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys wondering what you think of this hand, I river top two pair and call him down. I don't see how I can lay this down. I am beating all of his high card aces and lower two pairs.

www.cardschat.com/replayer/5tz3xqq

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me this comes down to what you know about villain and if you know nothing about villain then I would be thinking what would a standard player do here? When the flop comes that coordinated I am all for the bet the you make and the sizing but part of that bet other than for value is to see how the villain reacts to it. In just calling here I would begin to discount their two pair hands and their sets since I would feel these hands would be check raising you since the board is super wet with the straight draw and the 2 hearts. When they do call I would be putting them on floats, one pair hands like 7x, and also hands that are 10x or 6x.

When villain leads on the turn then I am thinking this is a bluff or this is a straight that just got there. The straight would lead since they would worry about you checking behind with 2 hearts on the board. The bet is a healthy bet from villain but I think it would be too tight to fold just yet so I would call and try to hit something on the river.

The river card is bad for us (not terrible since a K or Q could have come down that maybe would hit one of his bluff hands) since we were already beating their bluffs and are still losing to their straights. Villain overbets here which people use different ways. Some use it as a value move, while others use as a bluff and the good ones mix it up. Really depends on how much you think he bluffs here. If you know nothing about the player its tough but I would lean on the side of this is not a bluff. I am nitty and like that so I would be folding here but I could totally see and defend a call here but you have to be thinking now that he is bluffing more than 33% of the time.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After his Donk on the turn it is clear that he has a straight and not reaching the flush on the river this is an easy fold!

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree that in this situation we should fold the top two pair on the river, because on board is lieing in plain view a straight. Here is big possibility that opponent has hand 6x. In situation like here I always believe that opponents have on the big blind some hands like 6x and I fold. If you see that on the board is lieing four cards that pick the straight you should believe your opponents, because usually opponents don't bluff on micro limit. Besides bet on the river from opponent is very big and for me it is too expensive to call. I would consider sometimes call on the river if bet would be smaller. So I prefer fold on the river. GL :)