imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear Cardschat,

Most of the time I play on 888poker and I'm profitable there now. But I also want to play some cash games at pokerstars and I'm still looking for the best strategy. So many sharks at Pokerstars, so I need a solid strategy.

I played this hand today: https://www.boomplayer.com/23878886_FD711FB680
T9S against TQ. I hit the flop and I bet. Then I could get a straight, so I bet again but I got called by a TQ (higher kicker).

Could somebody please advice me for pokerstars, a good solid strategy. On youtube I found lot of clips about getting value, C-betting etc.

What did I wrong with this hand and please advice me a strategy. On 888Poker it works, why doesn't work at pokerstars...

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Donk betting is advanced strategy, so just don't do it until you are more advanced (both flop and turn).
2. You were playing against UTG, every T he has is better than yours, every draw he has is better than yours, also he has JJ+ So learn to think ranges, that is important.
3. Ask if you have a) bad hand b) showdown hand or c) value hand also do you have one street value hand, two street value hand, or 3 barrel value hand. So the question here to ask in value, is if villain will call your hand with worse.

Last note, regular tables (not 6max) are easier to start.

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, if we only talk about your hand, after villain raises your donk bet, just get it in, you have too little behind to have second thoughts. It's not that important anyways because the money goes in what ever he has on later streets too because he puts you to a fish category, if nothing else than because you have so little on the table.

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t9 vs tq

When your opponent raised you on the flop after raising pre-flop, you should have been more leery of over-pair or better kicker for sure. maybe check on the turn and see what he does. he bets large again, maybe time to let it go. Bets minimum, just call and let it play out for the str8.

Only other option was to raise him all in before the flop, cause he wasn't letting go for sure after. (just my opinion) .71 cents doesn't really get you much power.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oke thank you for the information. So conclusion, this was fish play?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oke thank you for the information. So conclusion, this was fish play?

Luckily poker is not that simple, against a certain player you played it optimally. In a vacuum it looked like that yes.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:( I can't understand why cash games are harder than sit an gos. Playing a lot of 0.10 SnG and there I get into the money and with cash games I suck so hard. I don't understand. How can I improve this?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easiest way is to see how good players play, on your level. That is, see how good players play at 2NL.

Here is one:

Two other good players at least to follow (youtube for example) blackrain79 and slipsuit.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you so much for the help! But is it normal that cash games are harder to beat then SnG's?

Not really at least 2NL level. However, cash is totally different game. You need to unlearn many things from SnG's -> correct there -> wrong in cash

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really at least 2NL level. However, cash is totally different game. You need to unlearn many things from SnG's -> correct there -> wrong in cash

I Will start playing full tables normal. Hope it works out

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! And after some cash skill, SnGs should come even easier too.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
posted this elsewhere , but if you want to learn 6max

found out today that grinderschool was bought out by parttimepoker and they are putting a lot of the poker videos on their youtube channel ( they were premium access by subscription when i started learning poker) and videos were aimed at micro stakes players. This series was then updated and expanded into season 2 and 3 by carroters . Also on their channel.

How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP1 - YouTube
How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP2 - YouTube
How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP3 - YouTube
How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP4 - YouTube
How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP5 - YouTube
How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP6 - YouTube
How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP7 - YouTube
How To Master 6-max Texas Holdem Poker: Season 1, EP8 - YouTube