BTN: $2.30 (115 bb)
SB: $1.83 (91.5 bb)
BB: $1.24 (62 bb)
UTG: $2.05 (102.5 bb)
MP: $1.99 (99.5 bb)
Hero (CO): $2.41 (120.5 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has :ad4::qc4: :ad4:
UTG raises to $0.06, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, BTN calls $0.18, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.57, 3 players) :qs4: :jd4: :as4:
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.37, fold, UTG calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.31, 2 players) :qd4:
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.63, UTG calls $0.63

River: ($2.57, 2 players) :2h4:
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.23 and is all-in, fold

Results: $2.57 pot ($0.09 rake)
Final Board: :qs4: :jd4: :as4: :qd4: :2h4:

Hero wins $2.48

I have AdQc here, no idea why I get a blank on the Ad.

No point is hiding the results, we all know that if I had stacked villain, I wouldn't ask. I have 11 hands on villain so the stats are not that important.

The way the hands is played, I can see him on JJ, KQs, AJ, AQ, QJs and ATs, that's about it. I don't think he calls with anything else on this board (A2s-A9s can't really call a 3bet OOP and the same goes for SCs 56s-T9s unless villain is huge fish)

45% bet on the turn but I'm wondering if I should have bet bigger here, in hindsight, I think he calls with almost his entire range, apart from ATs, with which he doesn't have a flush draw. I think he 4bets KK+, AK oop in this spot so I believe JJ, AQ, AJs, KQs will call a turn bet, whatever the size.

My question is, should I go AI on the turn, should I bet bigger on the turn to make sure villain can't fold to a bet or was it fine played like that and I could never have stacked him, no matter what and I'm simply overthinking this.

I've been told that I often bet too large in those spots and I scare villain away so I'm trying to bet smaller but I feel that sometimes I bet too small and then I'm missing value.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your sizing looks good. Your shove on the river is just under half pot, so that is certainly not too big.

It just happens that this time, villain didn't have a hand that he felt he could call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You sat it up, so you could jam river for around half pot, which is close to perfect. I would definitely not bet bigger on the turn, because its a disaster, if he fold any kind of draw, now that you have a full house.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with others that you played this hand well but I will add (as I know Fundiver hit on this a bit) that you need to bet smaller on the turn for a few reasons. One is that we now have the nuts outside of AA which I highly doubt here so we are not scared of any card coming on the river. Second is that we have already played this hand to setup the river shove quite easily so we do not need to go large on the turn to get that under pot sized jam on the river. Third and most importantly is that now since we are strong we want to see if we can give off a hint of weakness here. Make it look (without over doing it) that we fear the board pairing a little. Ax here that is not our holding would not love the Q pairing and we have played the hand like we have AK. I am not sure it changes the result in this specific hand but I would go less on this turn (maybe something like 45 cents) and hope that it gives off an appearance of a blocker bet of sorts to get villain to check to us on the river since our AK is vulnerable. Not sure if we have a villain who is thinking (one problem of mine is I always assume my opponents are decent) but if they are they might see that card and our bet as an invitation to bluff. Like I said it may not matter in this hand but we definitely dont want a fold on that turn. All in all though, great hand that ran out well and you still got pre flop and two streets of healthy value.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the turn bet is fine, but I would definitely rather see it smaller than larger. I would also not hate to mix in a trap here from time to time. Check back turn, allow him to bet the river, and if he takes the bait, then we jam it in his face. That kind of line can sometimes confuse people, especially if the river is a total blank, like it was here. Then he might level himself into thinking something like "what the h.... are you doing??? Are you saying, you 3-bet preflop with 22 and now made a boat? I dont beleive that, so I am going to call you down with my top pair".

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands