$2 NLHE 6-max: Shoves on the river is ok? or dangerous?

danilofabri

danilofabri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing zoom, so i can't talk about table dinamics, and i don't have info from the villain.
My thought was that villain calls 3 bet pre flop with AJs+, AQ+, TT-QQ (KK and AA i think he mades 4-bet)
On the flop i think that he calls with Aces and maybe QQ, on the turn the same.
Then on the river I shove, i don't think about the 3rd card of diamonds, its a mistake?
the shoves is ok? And the size of my bets on flop and turn?

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=624kLw4qt

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is essential you have a HUD to play zoom.

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it perfectly fine, it's just a cooler... He will call river with AK, AQ, maybe AJs (fishier the guy is, lighter he will call, it may be even with worse Ax hands calling), 77.

I agree you should have some sort of a tracking program to play, but this hand you would've played just the same with or without it.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that you played it well

danilofabri

danilofabri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ty guys!
So I don't have to be more careful with the flushs in cases like that? or only with informations i can know what is the best way?

I'm just starting to use trackers, I'm using hand2note which is free because I still do not make enough profit to pay one, I'm at the beginning and learning about HUD but in zoom the HUD does not appear

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything look fine here

Everything looks fine here even the sizing. He realistically only have this exact combo of the flush and maybe AJ as well, and checking behind on the river would miss out on a ton of value in the long run. If you never value own yourself on the river, then you are not value betting thin enough.

Its just a classic bad beat, and you cant really even blame the villain for the way, he played the hand. I would probably have played his hand the same way, although a case can be made for him to either check-raise all in on the turn or lead the river. It would have been bummer for him, if you had another AQ and checked back the river.

Last edited: