$2 NLHE 6-max: Should I have called here?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would have called here even though villain 3bet, the flop is not good for anyone I would have called but if your instinct told you to fold then the fold was fine

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think folding is fine, although you do need to call some overcards as it is hard to make pairs on this board. If you had a hand like AJs or JTs with a backdoor flushdraw, I would call. But without the backdoor, I think folding is fine.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think at $2 NL, folding Ace high there is fine.

Build your game based on solid value, then you can start worrying about when to call with Ace high and other stuff.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably would have called here even though villain 3bet, the flop is not good for anyone I would have called but if your instinct told you to fold then the fold was fine

Yea greatgame,

I guess the higher percentage play is to fold here but for some reason but i did get a feeling i should call. but looking at the replay again, it was probably best just to fold.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think folding is fine, although you do need to call some overcards as it is hard to make pairs on this board. If you had a hand like AJs or JTs with a backdoor flushdraw, I would call. But without the backdoor, I think folding is fine.

Thanks for taking the time to reply bot. With the hands you mentioned, it may have been worth while to call

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think at $2 NL, folding Ace high there is fine.

Build your game based on solid value, then you can start worrying about when to call with Ace high and other stuff.

Great advice Sidetracked about building your game based on solid value..

3000stonewall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call One time

I folded AJ unsuited after the flop. I have this gnawing feeling that i played it to conservative and should have have called. What do you think? In this reply, I am on the button.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/2qEP8sa

I think you should have called at least the flop to see what he was gonna do on the turn. He could have been blindly raising to get you off the hand.