$2 NLHE 6-max: should I call turn 3.5x raise?

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
appreciate any help. in vacuum how profitable going all in would be? given my cards and board. usually in zoom its always slow played set idk, like he delayed raise on the flop(for 33 and 55) or got set on the turn.

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $3.41 (171 bb)
MP: $3.18 (159 bb)
CO: $2.10 (105 bb)
BU: $1.59 (80 bb)
SB: $2.36 (118 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Q T
4 players fold, SB raises to $0.04, Hero 3-bets to $0.12, SB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 5 3 T (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.09, SB calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.42) 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.96, BB (Hero) folds

Total pot: $0.86 (Rake: $0.03)
SB wins $0.83

Last edited:
Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, i used the calculator to see this hand. If he had a higher pair you would have nearly 46% of chance to win after the turn. Since it`s zoom, it`s hard to tell if the fold was good or bad, he probably had something but i think it was not a bad play.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have a hard time folding TPGK and a flush draw there.

I think the best plays are shove or fold. I think just calling the raise would leave you in an awkward middle ground.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this is too agressive for me. But the biggest mistake in my opinion was betting the turn. Just take the free card. You have a top par but at most this is just a medium hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is sort of close, but overall I like this bet-fold. Its not just, that he check-raised the turn, its also his sizing. He almost potted it and committed more than half his total stack to the pot. This means, he is never folding, and he is basically also never bluffing. So its not like, Hero is ever ahead here, even though he has a pair. And since the 5 additional outs to trips or two pair are dead, if Hero is against a set, I dont think, Hero has enough equity to make a profitable jam.

P

paulydc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this is too agressive for me. But the biggest mistake in my opinion was betting the turn. Just take the free card. You have a top par but at most this is just a medium hand.

Some opinion.. no need to turn ur hand in a bluff and no need to make the pot any bigger.. take the free card u had top pair high kicker and a flush draw.. imo in the river .. U are in a check call situation even if a diamond hits the river..

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to call the turn since you have the flush draw. Villain could have a hand like J9s with a bdfd, slow played set, or a turned two pair. With the flush draw, if you hit the flush, you a chance to stack your opponent. Also, your hand still beats your opponent's bluffs.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with Delfino. For me it is a little aggressive pre flop. I prefer only call pre flop with QTs blind versus blind. Besides I prefer playing pot control in this situation. As played - bet on the flop could be a little bigger, at least 50% of the pot to protect top pair. For me small bet on the flop from you means usually weakness. On the river I think you made good fold, because it seems that opponent slow played something, his check raise on the turn for me seems strong. We don't know if even second pair on the turn help us to win this hand. I think that we have about 11 outs to win this hand. GL :)