$2 NLHE 6-max: should I turn my qk into bluff on the river?

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://replayer.runitup.com/hands/c9a9f9967c Hello! on the flop, I should have called given the odds, on the turn when he checks. Its strange given that he should have continued with all his two pairs and his sets and his strong hands and I have the best flushdraw so what hands he turn into bluff when its not flush draw?, so on one hand I suppose on the river I should have probably raised cause its very unlikely the villain raised the flop with 9 on other hand K high may be good enough to beat all of bluffs with . what do you think about it?(edited)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think it's a very good bluff opportunity tbh as villain isn't likely folding any hands that beat you.And the 9 actually helped villains range if they were semi bluffing 9x.You're ahead of all villains draws so you have ok showodwn value so just take the showdown.It's a pretty bad bluff by villain in the first place with this combo on that board but you cant do much about that.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have 3bet the flop. And/or led out on the turn, too. Your check on the turn screamed c-bet on the flop with a whiff. 3 bet on the flop or lead out on turn, he may fold. But no..I don't think you can lead out the river after check calling the turn and only calling on the reraise on the flop. Makes zero sense. As played, check it down like you did. But, 3 bet flop and/or lead out turn next time.

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think it's a very good bluff opportunity tbh as villain isn't likely folding any hands that beat you.And the 9 actually helped villains range if they were semi bluffing 9x.You're ahead of all villains draws so you have ok showodwn value so just take the showdown.It's a pretty bad bluff by villain in the first place with this combo on that board but you cant do much about that.
thanks for feedback.I think villain shouldnt raise 9 on the flop and 9 is better for my range right? I have one more question what do you think about my sizing on the flop? because with flush draw I raised small If I had ak I would raise 72 % what do you think about it?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for feedback.I think villain shouldnt raise 9 on the flop and 9 is better for my range right? I have one more question what do you think about my sizing on the flop? because with flush draw I raised small If I had ak I would raise 72 % what do you think about it?

If im betting my value hands 3/4p on this board id bet my stronger draws 3/4p as well and id bet smaller on dryer boards.You need to be catreful you aren't creating betsizing tells with your value hands and your draws.So the board texture is just as important as your hand strength.