$2 NLHE 6-max: shorthanded AKo vs the maniac

zaratras

zaratras

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 90/10/3

Stats maniac 90/10 over 108 hand (extra relevant? AF 3 and fold to cbet 50%)

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

UTG: $2.02
Hero (CO): $2.00
BTN: $3.41
SB: $4.69
BB: $3.92

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:diamond: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, SB calls $0.05, fold

Flop: ($0.14, 2 players) 6:diamond: T:heart: 4:heart:
SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10 He donks bets here with the maniac i make a call. Was a 3bet on place here?

Turn: ($0.34, 2 players) A:heart:
SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30 I tried to protect my hand here.. But maniacs never fold right? I have a hard time defending my hands vs these maniacs. The keep raising or calling my bets? This is a big flaw in my playing. How do I play best vs these maniacs? I see them a lot and they have 3-5 buyins profit.. how?

River: ($1.14, 2 players) 7:heart:
SB bets $1.46, fold No chance to win here.

SB wins $1.10

K

KLDUFF1987

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What notes do you have on this player? how long has he been playing at the table for and what type of hands were shown at showdown ( Do you have them on your hand history) seems to me he was betting on a flush draw here

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that your opponent had K♥ or Q♥. With a T kicker or another ♥.

I like the call, on the flop.

Don't care for the raise, on the turn. He's building the pot, for his possible Flush, and/or denying you a free card. You made the pot $0.84. Flush or Pair of T's, it's not incorrect for him to pay $0.30 more, to call your raise. Regardless, making the pot bigger reduces the value of your hand.

Following the line that you took—call the turn; check or fold the river.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open of course.

Flop
I like calling the donk bet here. I will also typically dive into my HUD and look at the donk bet stats to get a better idea of his tendencies. But basically I am never folding in this spot. If he has a pair, I usually have 6 outs, and I also have implied odds, since a player like this usually cant fold, when he has any piece of the board. Also he could have a draw or some airball bluff, and then I am actually ahead. I see no point in raising though, because then you just fold out all his bluffs and get snapped off by all his better hands and his draws, that have coinflip equity. So raising this hand is literally forcing him to play well.

Turn
You improved to top pair, but as flush is now possible, and he slows down and bet a rather small size. I prefer to just call again. It keeps his bluffing range alive, and it gives you a strong hand, that can call again across a lot of rivers. I guess, you can get value by raising, but you are almost overrepresenting your hand, and this is not the best way to beat maniacs. You also kind of want to see a non heart river before starting to put a lot of money in the pot, because if another heart rolls off, your hand is going to be pretty much dead.

River
Even a maniac can have a random heart in his hand, so I am not paying off here either.

zaratras

zaratras

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks all for the extensive feedback. I will take this on the tables

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands