Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain shaping up laggy
29/25/28
only 24 hands

The river feels like a raise fold , possibly just flat the river but that feels like im losing value. Im not 100% whether or not river is a raise fold or raise call though ? Im discounting 2 pair taking this line and also villain likely 3bets AQ. Im a bit unsure whether or not villain shoves a set here leaving the hands that beat me 56 and 52 both within villains range i think.
cheers.

UTG: $2.02 (101 bb)
MP: $4.96 (248 bb)
Hero (CO): $3.54 (177 bb)
BTN: $1.33 (66.5 bb)
SB: $3.33 (166.5 bb)
BB: $2.21 (110.5 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q Q
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13, 2 players) A 4 3
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.13, 2 players) 7
BB bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

River: ($0.31, 2 players) Q
BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $2.06 and is all-in, Hero ?

Last edited:
J

Jelloman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I call here. Ya, you could be beat, but how do you fold a set of Queens ?

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain shaping up laggy
29/25/28
only 24 hands

The river feels like a raise fold , possibly just flat the river but that feels like im losing value. Im not 100% whether or not river is a raise fold or raise call though ? Im discounting 2 pair taking this line and also villain likely 3bets AQ. Im a bit unsure whether or not villain shoves a set here leaving the hands that beat me 56 and 52 both within villains range i think.
cheers.

BB checks, Hero checks

Fist pump snap calls? Really am I missing something? If I am that concerned about 25 or 56 in a raised pot that I am considering folding, then I think it is time to take some time off from playing. Monsters under the bed here really. This is a set more than twice as often as it is a straight.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said he was a loose player, he might have all 32 combos of straights here in a single raised pot. I think its safe to remove two pairs from the range of a 4 bet overjam on the river unless you have seen him wildly overplay hands in the past. Sets and straights is most likely what you face, 9 combos of sets [without aces,] and 32 of straights. Long term unprofitable to call here imo. This is a river 4bet, you can make a super exploitative fold here.

Results?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The turn check is bad. Straights get there for free on the river as a result. Your initial pre-flop raise is measly and all sorts of connectors should be playing here, especially if it is a loose villain. Everything about the play suggests a fishy player drawing, so I agree that this would be leaning toward a fold as played.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah fist pump call here.
Villain can easily do this with two pair or a worse set.
You can't fold a set here bro.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you’re making far too many assumptions here especially given the stakes. I think 2 pair with Ax is highly likely. The only hands you’re beaten by at the river is the 3 combos of aces, 25 and 56. I think this is a snap call and if villain does have the nuts you just gotta smile and know you made a sound play against villains whole range.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you’re making far too many assumptions here especially given the stakes. I think 2 pair with Ax is highly likely. The only hands you’re beaten by at the river is the 3 combos of aces, 25 and 56. I think this is a snap call and if villain does have the nuts you just gotta smile and know you made a sound play against villains whole range.

You think 2 pair is 4bet over jamming the river? Why wouldn't the villain just call with those hands?

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You think 2 pair is 4bet over jamming the river? Why wouldn't the villain just call with those hands?

I think this is something a large amount of the player pool at NL2 would do with 2 pair. Once they think they have action on the turn and it's reconfirmed with Hero's reraise on the river I think it's entirely possible that they would be 3 bet shoving with a 2 pair. I think it opens up enough hands to make a set of queens a snap call and still be ahead of enough of their range to make it a profitable call.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: set on river/get shoved on
Villain shaping up laggy
29/25/28
only 24 hands

cheers.

BB checks, Hero checks

I think the only hand you can be scared of is 56o or 56s but should really only have 56s in this situation because he is calling a cutoff raise from the bb to call 52 he must have no clue whatsoever (if he's calling with 52 he's calling all 2 pair on river )
I agree he should be 3betting AQ but I don't think he's always doing that
that said theres no way I would be folding river here as I think we beat everything apart from 56s (4combos) 9 combos of sets alone if of course 3bets AA's if we consider he calls even A4s pre were 70-80% favourite because I think he would be jamming river with that too

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

im not the original messenger of this but yes I think two pair is possible ( if he is calling any two pair combos versus a cutoff raise in the bb pre

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said he was a loose player, he might have all 32 combos of straights here in a single raised pot. I think its safe to remove two pairs from the range of a 4 bet overjam on the river unless you have seen him wildly overplay hands in the past. Sets and straights is most likely what you face, 9 combos of sets [without aces,] and 32 of straights. Long term unprofitable to call here imo. This is a river 4bet, you can make a super exploitative fold here.

Results?
I don't think were ever folding here if he's bad enough to have any of the straight combos he would jam the river with anything like any sets which we beat all accept aces
two pair we beat because if he's bad enough to call 32o or even 32s he's bad enough to call A7s at least ! also he could be jamming here with a missed flush draw and top pair like ATs AJs AQs which I agree most of the time he would be 3betting all if he's loose enough but not all of the time
remember this assumption people don't fold top pair at 2nl

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call for me. You have the third nuts after 56 and AA. According to his player type, he can also be doing this with his missed flush draw. Don't forget - NL2 is a circus even in 2019.

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's plenty of worse hands an NL2 villain can jam with, 2pair combinations, lower sets etc. Easy call in my book, you cannot fold this. In general river raises are pretty strong at the lower limits, but as a general rule of thumb, use this principle: decide what's the worst hand he could be raising with and if you beat it, call.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who are you? Phil Hellmuth? Call! He is not gonna have aces and he can only beat you with 56 and 52.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not folding in this spot. You might run into 56 here and there but he has worse hands that he shoves.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His VPIP of 29 is not loose enough for him to have 52 or 56o. I'll be generous and give him all 4 combos of 56s although I'd expect an aggressive player to be donk leading 56hh on this flop to build a put and put stacks in play hoping you have an Ace. He definitely has 33, 44, and 77 here. As played I also wouldn't be surprised if he had Aces up. Giving this guy 32 combos of straights just seems unrealistic to me. If this was the case his VPIP would be more like 50+, especially in a raised pot out of position. If he has one of the 4 combos that beat us here, good for him. I'm not folding. Just because WE wouldn't 3 bet jam this river with two pair doesn't mean some random aggressive 2NL player wouldn't, especially given how passive our line was post flop.