$2 NLHE 6-max: set of 4s.

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did I lose value here? what should I do on such rivers with a set, bet 50% of pot and fold to all in? appreciate any help

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $0.85 (43 bb)
MP: $3.94 (197 bb)
CO (Hero): $3.61 (181 bb)
BU: $1.98 (99 bb)
SB: $2.10 (105 bb)
BB: $3.08 (154 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 4 4
1 fold, MP raises to $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, 3 players fold

Flop: ($0.13) K 3 4 (2 players)
MP bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.18, MP calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.49) 7 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $0.38, MP calls $0.38

River: ($1.25) 6 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.25 (Rake: $0.04)

Showdown:
CO (Hero) shows 4 4 (three of a kind, Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 52%, Flop: 95%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

MP shows Q K (a pair of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 48%, Flop: 5%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

CO (Hero) wins $1.21

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
did I lose value here? what should I do on such rivers with a set, bet 50% of pot and fold to all in? appreciate any help

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

MP checks, Hero checks

Showdown:

CO (Hero) wins $1.21

Thank U 4 posting

I am watching the replayer step by step before looking at results

Preflop

Why just call?
Is this V a tight player in a 6 max? Only raising pairs?
You have 170+ bb if you do make a set is it realistic to think you can get your stack in when the preflop pot will be so small?
Are you always just set mining or do you ever win with position with small pairs?

Flop no action yet

What range can we stack here?
Would our V not be expecting us to have KX? That means we can no longer stack QQ JJ TT etc? So imagine if we 3 bet and called a 4 bet would we not win a much larger pot here?

Flop action
Our V calls Our raise with what range?
Our V gives us what range?

Turn no action

When we bet again a good player has to put he K in our range how do we make our V think we have more draws that Kx?
We want to max out our value what is the best sizing to do that vs this V?
Do we want to bet big on the turn knowing our V folds to 3 streets?
Do we want to bet smaller so the V thinks our largeriver bets have a lot of bluffs?

Turn action

Is this a good bet size vs this V? Does it extract max value?

River no action
The nuts just changed with the back door flush 4 to a straight will this V still pay off with one pair hands?
Would this V play AK spades like this?
What sizing is best for max value here?

River check
The combo have hands that beat you are low as played and V at this level seldom check raise river as a bluff. So we can value bet this river. If we do bet we still fold vs typical V when check raised even with a set.

Sizing is player dependent. We should be experimenting with larger sizes when we could have missed the most obvious draws.

Hope this helps
:)

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played fine but the river you definitely want to be betting the river here, could be playing Kx type hands some type of two pair, Flush draws. A blocker bet to induce a bluff here wouldn’t be so bad, that way you’re not missing as much value plus it’s a board villain is quite likely to bluff on

J

Julez97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer your question, yes you lost a lot of value. Not lets review the hand and see why.

Pre-flop. Seems pretty standard. Wouldn't do anything different.

Flop. Could consider taking a different line such as checking middle-set and raising later in the hand. The only problem with raising, is that you don't rep a ton of hands. Either 33, 44, and maybe a big draw like A5cc, 65cc, but those hands primarily 3-bet pre-flop. Anyway, I think raising is a totally acceptable play and probably better at these stakes against more stationy players.

When villain calls the raise, his range probably looks like Kx top pair, slow played top set, or a strong flush draw.

Turn. I like the bet, and I like that you chose a large sizing. Villain appears to have a fairly strong hand that is unlikely to fold just yet. The only hand that got there is 65s. So I would continue to bet for value. Since villain does not raise, I would almost certainly say he does not have a straight going into the river.

River. Wow I don't know what happened here. Villain checks. You check back. The backdoor flush comes in but other than that the 6s changes very little. The only hands that really improved to beat you are hands like AKss, or KQss. 65ss is no longer possible, and what other hand could even get there? Maybe A5s? Plus I would expect villain to lead out quite frequently when they make their hands here. You simply are not beat enough in this spot to ever justify checking back with a set. This is a mandatory bet. Id bet around a $ to get a sigh call from Kx, or 2 pair.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet/fold river could be a good line, but 1) will he still call with 1 pr and 2) you're kind of screwed if he decides to turn his hand into a bluff and check/shove.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played standard and good. A check on the river is not so bad, but I would have made a decent bet. More often we will get here than to receive a check-push on the river. So, I'm for a small bet on the river.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi I would have just called on the flop and waited for the turn action to be able to raise but the way you played this hand I think the bet on the turn was low maybe you should have bet a little more, the check on the river was the right thing

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will tell you how i would have played it.
The call preF is a little louse but u are deep so u can go for thouse caind off spots.
Very good raise F,your bet T is very low(he call a 4x raise F so he has Tpair or overpair KK,AA) s go for it iff he has a medium hand like JJ,TT,99 he is not going to call any size so make an overbet 0,60 cent(i would have made it 0,70 to 0,80) he has a lot off money behind so that way pot goes to 1,80 and he would have 3 dola behind and defenitlly u have to bet river 2,20 or jam(but u have an 1,6 SPR so jamming will e weare).

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

MP checks, Hero checks

Showdown:

CO (Hero) wins $1.21

Try to bet more OTT in situations like this, when you have the flush draws and when you have the group of two pair and sets: for the times you have a flush draw and hit OTR it will be harder to extract value from worst hands so we elect to charge as max as possible right OTT and for the times we have two pairs and sets we don't want to give a friendly price for Villain to be hitting its equities OTR, so we are polarizing quite a fair chunk OTT.

Betting 1/2 OTT you are just inviting the variance to come in and steal your luck.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with guys who think that we should bet on the river for value. I think that raise on the flop is right decision, because we shouldn't to give our opponent see cheaply next card. Sometimes small bet on the flop like this means that opponent want to see cheaply next card. I think we should bet on the river, because it isn't possible too much that opponent call hero's raise with backdoor flush draw. More possible on this flop is suited connector hand with a clubs. It would be a little risky move for opponent to complete the flush with a spades. In conclusion we should bet on the river for value. I think that if opponent would have a flush he would bet as a first for value. GL :)

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the others mentioned you could shot another bet for value on the river and probebly the MP would call you and that was good, playing with small cards set is good because always the others will follow your bets and getting value is easy, as you did well here: on this kind of boards you should always bet somehow that vilain call, as you can see the board is so dry and there is no draw that vilain could had so the only thing remains is a pair of K and many players won't play big pits with a single pair, overall you play was nice just you missed a river bet

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You definitely could have gotten three streets out of the MP player. He probably was not scared of the backdoor flush considering you re-raised him on the flop. His king with a queen kicker was hand he was probably willing to take the distance, but if you had reason to believe that he could have potentially slow played a strong hand, you still were able to get two streets of value out of the villain. I couldn't imagine any of his preflop raise holdings would contain a 5 if he decided to continuation bet and call down the turn when not getting the right price. I would definitely say three streets of value was possible here.